Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHEE / WMVA / WYAT News and Notices

WMVA off the air

The WMVA transmitter took a direct hit from this evening's storm. Engineer will assess damage tomorrow, but from the looks of things tonight the damage could be substantial. Will advise when we know more.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

I am sorry,hoping it's not as bad as it looks.That was a severe storm,rained as hard as I have seen in awhile.

Thanks. Just when I thought we were going to make it, that last crack of thunder bit us. Power went out for a bit, but the transmitter took the hit. Smells like an electrical fire in the transmitter room.

Looking to make temporary repairs to get WMVA back on the air. The earliest we will be back on is this evening - more likely tomorrow morning.

I missed Rome today,he's got a great friday show so listened to Clarke instead and learned s few things lol...there's always something great to listen to on either of your stations.

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. WMVA is a no-go today. Optimistic we'll have her back on in the morning. She took a bad lick from that storm yesterday evening for sure.

WMVA is back on the air. It appears we will be able to carry the Xfinity race the truck race, and the Nationals game. The UVA game and the UNC game will be on WHEE.

Repairs are temporary. Engineer will need to take WMVA back off the air for awhile Thursday next week to make permanent repairs.

WHEE experiencing audio issues

CenturyLink provides our audio STL (studio link) from our studios to our transmitter site. Around 3am this morning the connection at the transmitter site became intermittent (cutting off and on). CenturyLink advises this morning that a technician will not be available until Monday.

We have switched to our backup emergency line.

Have you noticed the glitch from the audio on WMVA,particularly the Rome show which I listen to daily(otherwise I am tuned to WHEE)?

What's it doing?