Author Topic: Local Headlines  (Read 142 times)

Blue Fish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
Local Headlines
« on: February 11, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    Sunday Evening, February 11, 2018:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:03:30 PM by Blue Fish »
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

LpMv2407

• View Profile
    Re: Local Headlines
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »
  • Publish
  • Great job and good points.

I've made that same argument about the jail. Our crime rate had to be increasing yet every time they release that info it's down.....hmmm. it has to be drug related. Opiods are likely the biggest reason our jail population is that high. Also the fact that the price tag is high and the amount of time to recoup the cost.

Hopefully the new felony larceny law will have some effect on jail time. We also need to at the very least decriminalize Marijuana. I see people every day being locked up for possession of an ounce for "distribution."

Youngblood

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • Bill,  Thanks for mentioning Kent. Kent Wingfield was a great guy. You never heard him talking about others and was always willing to help out. I've known him and his family all my life as we live in the same neighborhood. When we built our home back in '94, I hired him to do the Plumbing and he did an excellent job. Just an all around good ole boy. He will be missed around here.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:48:55 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks LP, and appreciate the kind words about Kent, Youngblood. He did work for me and we had become friends over the years. He was born in June of 1960 and I was born that November. He was indeed, a good guy.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Riggins

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • I would also like to send out my condolences to the family of Kent,just gotten to know him in the past couple years as he did some work for me and like Youngblood said,just an all around good ole boy.RIP Kent.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
      • View Profile
      • Sleep Apnea: The Struggle To Sleep
    « Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • So sorry for the loss of your friend, Bill! Good job on the piece about the jail. It blows my mind to think of incarceration as a business, but I think you hit the nail on the head with that story! I've subscribed to your YouTube Channel! =) 

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sunday Evening, February 18, 2018:

Whoa, Bill! I didn't know one could time travel but you made this video and post on "Sunday Evening, February 18, 2018"! Thats creepy! What does the future hold for us?!?!?
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
      • View Profile
      • Sleep Apnea: The Struggle To Sleep
    « Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 08:39:41 AM »
  • Publish
  • Bill, are you going to continue posting these on YT?

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 03:03:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • A fine beginning and a report well done. I look forward to more video reports.

BTW
    As a follow up, you might look at the private companies profiting from growing incarceration rates too. Are we paying any to take local inmates?
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: Today at 11:31:55 AM »
  • Publish
  • A fine beginning and a report well done. I look forward to more video reports.

BTW
    As a follow up, you might look at the private companies profiting from growing incarceration rates too. Are we paying any to take local inmates?

Thats a good note, Solon. There has been issues with that in central Virginia; getting inmates transferred from the city jail to the private facilities once its clear that they don't have legal counsel to probate their original sentence. Its intended to help the public jails to prevent overcrowding.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32