Author Topic: 200,000 El Salvadorians Given Orders Today  (Read 141 times)

superman

• View Profile
200,000 El Salvadorians Given Orders Today
« on: January 08, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    Some 200,000 El Salvadorians received word today from President Trump that during the next 18 months they will either need to return to El Salvador or put in papers to apply for legal status in the U.S. as the United States will not be renewing their Temporary Status they were given back in 2001 by Bush 43.

Of course El Salvador has now had 17 years to clean up from the earthquake which was the reason those folks were given Temporary status.

Once again President Trump is working hard to clean up what is the immigration mess in this country.

Solon

• View Profile
    Re: 200,000 El Salvadorians Given Orders Today
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:07:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • There are 190,000 U.S.-born children of Salvadorans in the Temporary Protected Status program, all of whom are American citizens. They’ll be faced with a choice of staying here without their parents or returning with them to a dangerous, poor country they’ve likely never seen. Donald J. Trump is the best most compassionate, no one has more compassion, did he tell you how many Electoral College votes he got? He got more than anyone in history and he's compassionate like no one was ever compassionate.
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

superman

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:30:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • What is it about the word TEMPoRARY that Solon does not understand?

Thats right. I forget Democrats want a wide open border where anyone and everyone can come across into this country, get amnesty and free government welfare, courtesy of  hard working Americans.

DACA is the same way. The D and A in DACA mean DEFERRED ACTION. Another temporary program.

Trump has shown compassion. He has put them on an 18 month clock to get their affairs in order and either leave the country or get their paperwork in for legal status.

If liberals truly want a DACA fix they will agree in exchange for a DACA fix to build a wall at the southern U.S. border.
    Let's see if Democrats really want a DACA fix or if they are just pandering for votes as usual.

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 08:34:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • Why don't these sanctuary states like California accept all of these people? They can pay for it with a state sanctuary tax.  Maybe it's time for the liberal left to officially claim California - have all the republicans move out - and let the democrats and the Hollywood elite pay for it with their money and with no federal help.

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sometimes the simple solution--just expelling Salvadoreans who have enjoyed TPS status--seems obvious. Trump can show his anti-immigrant supporters that he is doing something to make American great like it was before it had immigrants...or whatever.  Unfortunately, there are always unintended consequences. Maybe the trade offs are OK with most people, but consider this...

Ironically, if T.P.S. recipients are deported, a primary beneficiary will be one of President Trump’s most-stated enemies: the MS-13 gang, which he has accused of turning United States communities “into bloodstained killing fields.” The criminal organization, which is active in both the United States and El Salvador, traces its roots to instability after a wave of deportations from the United States in the 1990s, which El Salvador was ill equipped to receive. It didn’t take long for the resulting instability to bounce back to the United States in the form of increased criminal activity and illegal immigration.

A similar pattern could repeat itself, as conditions are only marginally better today. The Salvadoran government is already strained in its battle against corruption, crime and violence — including one of the world’s highest homicide rates. MS-13 is almost certain to take advantage of the impending disruption as deportees arrive in El Salvador. Worse, young American citizens of Salvadoran origin will be left behind if their parents are expelled, making them more vulnerable to recruitment by criminal groups.

MS-13 was a strange player in the Virginia gubernatorial election and here it is again. This time it is surfacing in the president's decision to expel 200,000 Salvadoreans and leaving 192,000 children potentially vulnerable to the trauma to which gang membership is a potential consequence.

I have no way of knowing if this is a scare tactic as it was during the election, or if it is a real concern. Perhaps a well-thought out policy analysis would provide some answers, but no one believes that the Trump administration has done this kind of work because there is no published study to go with the policy decisions. This administration is flying by the seat of its pants...or by the air of its tweets. That should cause everyone concern whether you support the policy decision or not.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:36:14 PM by Solon »
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 01:57:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sometimes the simple solution--just expelling Salvadoreans who have enjoyed TPS status--seems obvious. Trump can show his anti-immigrant supporters that he is doing something to make American great like it was before it had immigrants...or whatever.  Unfortunately, there are always unintended consequences. Maybe the trade offs are OK with most people, but consider this...

Ironically, if T.P.S. recipients are deported, a primary beneficiary will be one of President Trump’s most-stated enemies: the MS-13 gang, which he has accused of turning United States communities “into bloodstained killing fields.” The criminal organization, which is active in both the United States and El Salvador, traces its roots to instability after a wave of deportations from the United States in the 1990s, which El Salvador was ill equipped to receive. It didn’t take long for the resulting instability to bounce back to the United States in the form of increased criminal activity and illegal immigration.

A similar pattern could repeat itself, as conditions are only marginally better today. The Salvadoran government is already strained in its battle against corruption, crime and violence — including one of the world’s highest homicide rates. MS-13 is almost certain to take advantage of the impending disruption as deportees arrive in El Salvador. Worse, young American citizens of Salvadoran origin will be left behind if their parents are expelled, making them more vulnerable to recruitment by criminal groups.

MS-13 was a strange player in the Virginia gubernatorial election and here it is again. This time it is surfacing in the president's decision to expel 200,000 Salvadoreans and leaving 192,000 children potentially vulnerable to the trauma to which gang membership is a potential consequence.

I have no way of knowing if this is a scare tactic as it was during the election, or if it is a real concern. Perhaps a well-thought out policy analysis would provide some answers, but no one believes that the Trump administration has done this kind of work because there is no published study to go with the policy decisions. This administration is flying by the seat of its pants...or by the air of its tweets. That should cause everyone concern whether you support the policy decision or not.

That can turn out to be, as often tweeted, a "sad" circumstance. But that whole writeup, and the logic behind it are likely too much to comprehend for one of the puppets of the forum.

There is a LOT of this issue- both causes and effects; and facts- that need to be thought out before throwing out the tired talking points and verbage that results in diminishing returns on policy.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 02:48:46 PM »
  • Publish
    That can turn out to be, as often tweeted, a "sad" circumstance. But that whole writeup, and the logic behind it are likely too much to comprehend for one of the puppets of the forum.

There is a LOT of this issue- both causes and effects; and facts- that need to be thought out before throwing out the tired talking points and verbage that results in diminishing returns on policy.

There you go again. I agree, this is complicated. Unfortunately, I imagine however you come to believe on the matter anyone with an opposing view will be accused of lacking the ability to comprehend it.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 05:14:38 PM »
  • Publish
  • Just look up the definition of temporary.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »
  • Publish

There you go again. I agree, this is complicated. Unfortunately, I imagine however you come to believe on the matter anyone with an opposing view will be accused of lacking the ability to comprehend it.

Nope. I just want those who can comprehend it to stand up and ignore those who try to puppeteer them.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

superman

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 08:47:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • Let's do a comparison here.....

Liberals say left all of them stay even though they are here illegally (a crime).

Let's say someone robs a bank. Will the courts allow the children of the bank robber to keep the stolen money?

Of course not. Well maybe in California.

All need to go back to El Salvador or what ever country they came from. If they wanto to go to the U.S. Embassy in their particular country and apply for U.S. citizenship then that is fine.

Open ended illegal immigration is wrong and it is bad for the United States.

I ask this again. Do the Democrats want a DACA deal bad enough to allow a wall to be built at the southern U.S. border in exchange for a DACA deal or are the Democrats simply pandering for votes?

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 07:23:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • Common Sense - you could be a puppet also.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • Negative ghost rider. I'm not even a supporter of the national party of whose candidate I have voted, mostly, for. I am my own mind, own thoughts, own ambition.

Plus, anyone thats not 1. my lady and/or 2. my chiropractor who't been putting a hand up the back of my shirt like a puppeteer ;)

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • In that case anyone who supports any political party is a puppet of that party. Including Solon because he is anti republican and pro democrat. I guess everyone has their own box to live in.