Author Topic: Trump's Mental Health  (Read 957 times)

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: Trump's Mental Health
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    No. I believe he would not.

The threads and conversation would shift to actual POLICY and LEADERSHIP rather than the tweets of the angry, orange toddler and his vision of our republic.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • No one said anyone has to only discuss tweets and disrespecting the President - that's a personal choice.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • He rules and leads by way of twitter. Thats the only way to analyze him.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 12:53:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • LOL! You got me on that one! Maybe instead of president we should call him the Twitterdent of the United States 

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
  • Publish
  • Solon - we all know that if Mike Pence was president you would be saying the same things about him as you are Trump.

Maybe I have not explained myself clearly, Steven. So let me give it another try.

I would attack Pence's policies with both barrels. His character and sanity, however, are above reproach. I would not start a thread like this about Pence. Character is destiny and I would rather tie the nation to a staunch conservative like Pence--with whom I disagree completely on most domestic issues, than a morally unscrupulous liar (and that's only the half of it) like Trump, regardless of the political implications.

Here is the headline I woke up to this morning on the BBC: Donald Trump's 'racist slur' provokes outrage http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42664173
    It's the BBC, for heaven's sake! It's not a partisan Democratic outlet. It's the basic, fact's only website I make my homepage for that reason. It's published in practically every language on earth. The whole world is judging us based on what Trump says and does. How can you or anyone defend that? Please, Congress, Cabinet make Mike Pence president. Three more years of this is sickening to contemplate.
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 01:35:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • Actually he never made a racial slur. The liberal left "decided"  that it was a racist slur. More fake news.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • The BBC is not the liberal left.

Here's what a real Conservative says:

No, he did say it. The White House did not deny it. Multiple witnesses heard him. He reportedly tried to sample opinion on how his remarks were playing. If you want to justify continuing to defend a racist president whose attention span and mental acuity are far below minimally acceptable standards, do so. But donít play the ďmaybe he didnít, maybe he didnítĒ game. When Hillary Clinton suggested half of Trumpís supporters were ďdeplorables,Ē she was hooted and hollered down.

Let me suggest there are two types of deplorables ó the self-proclaimed white nationalists who share his views and the people who think racism is of so little consequence that itís worth having a racist in the White House to get what they want (e.g. a tax cut).

The enablers of the racist president are back at it
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/01/12/the-enablers-of-the-racist-president-are-back-at-it/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-c%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.205584877e2d

Jennifer Rubin was tough on Obama, but what she says about Trump is in another category all together.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:01:52 PM by Solon »
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • CNN and the Washington Post said someone in a closed door meeting said he said it. Trump said he didn't. If BBC said he said it, then I'm sure they have proof, other than someone said he did. Regardless, it sounds like something he would say. Enough of what someone said he said or didn't, here's some real antics for you. .....

Our outgoing Governor is expecting to run for President. Apparently the way to the White House is to challenge Trump to a fist fight. I'm sure a 15-rounder could be sanctioned in some "shithole" country.

Outgoing Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe told a national television audience he'd knock President Donald Trump to the floor if the president ever tried to intimidate him.

During an interview Thursday on MSNBC's "Hardball," Chris Matthews asked McAuliffe how he would respond if Trump tried to intimidate him during a debate by hovering over him, as he did during the 2016 presidential election with Hillary Clinton, a close friend of McAuliffe's.

"You'd have to pick him up off the floor," McAuliffe said.

When Matthews laughed and asked if he meant he would "deck" Trump, McAuliffe answered with a straight face.

"You want to get in my space ... you punch me, I'm going to punch you back twice as hard."

"But if he ever came over and leaned on me and got in my space, that would be the last time Donald Trump ever did that. I promise you that," he added.

McAuliffe, who was a top Democratic fundraiser before being elected governor in 2013, is set to leave office Saturday. He has been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • Where is the proof? I'm sure the story did not originate with the BBC. Someone from CNN and the Washington Post started this mess and I don't put any faith in them although I will admit it does sound like something he would say - but where is the racist part of it?  Would you take your family on vacation to Haiti or would you go to Dollywood?  Sometimes the truth hurts.

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham confirmed Trump's remarks for his fellow Republican Senator, Tim Scott. Apparently, he challenged Trump to his face for making the remarks.

U.S. Sen. Tim Scott said he talked to fellow South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham about hearing President Donald Trump's "shithole countries" comment and Graham confirmed to him the president said it.

Graham, Scott said, told him the reported comments are ďbasically accurate.Ē

...One senator who was present and did hear the remarks, Illinois Democrat Richard Durbin, said Friday that Graham challenged Trump on his use of the slur.

Durbin told MSNBC that Graham objected to the president's phrasing while discussing immigration from African nations and also Haiti.

"My colleague, [Sen. Graham], spoke up and made a direct comment on what the president said," Durbin is quoted as saying.

He added "for him to confront the president as he did, literally sitting next to him, took extraordinary political courage and I respect him for it."

The Washington Post first broke the the account that Trump used the phrase, citing two sources aware of the meeting.

Sen. Tim Scott: Graham says reports of Trump's 'shithole countries' comment 'basically accurate'
    https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/sen-tim-scott-trump-s-shithole-countries-comment-is-accurate/article_e99c2fba-f7a9-11e7-a381-d7950e17b81f.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:27:19 PM by Solon »
    ...H. L. Mencken

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • An Axios-Survey Monkey poll finds that 55% of Americans believe that Trump's mental fitness is a legitimate concern.

New poll: Most see Trumpís mental fitness as legitimate concern

https://www.axios.com/trumps-mental-health-is-yet-another-partisan-issue-1515706222-15fada1b-01a1-48d3-9abf-fda58b279a00.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&stream=top-stories

...H. L. Mencken

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 02:33:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • Basically accurate is the same thing as basically inaccurate.

From Newsweek - "Haiti is hell on earth" - did any of you rant and rave against Newsweek?

http://www.newsweek.com/worst-countries-world-154751

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • And 75% of politicians live in a swamp.

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • Compare Haiti against Norway. Which of these would be your choice for a honeymoon vacation?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTTbHzAVwAAu4jK.jpg

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 05:30:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • Ha! Ignore the fist-a-cuffs promise by our outgoing Governor.

It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)