Main Boards > Politics

Trump's Mental Health

(1/12) > >>

Solon:
From the time he entered the primary, Trump's behavior has been under scrutiny. Because voters didn't really know much about him, despite his publicity-seeking history, many saw him as a forthright tell-it-like-it-is guy. As the campaign progressed it became clear that he was the biggest liar to walk the political stage in anyone's lifetime. Pundits chalked it up to a general over-the-top personality and his fans loved it. He was making promises left and right that sober politicians knew were ridiculous, but most Republicans will vote for anyone with an R before the name (Roy Moore, for example) and some down and out Democrats were suckers for the promises that turned to lies once he was in office.

By the time he had the nomination, concern was clearly evident that something was not right about this man. Psychologists were beginning to chafe at APA rules that prevented them from discussing Trump's clearly unstable personality disorder. Eventually some were so concerned that they openly discussed his narcissism, lack of compassion, and inability to relate to anyone else's circumstances.

Cut to his time as president and we have read often that his PDA is often in pictures because he doesn't read and he was bored with the discussion. His short attention span was massaged by putting his name often in whatever document he was required to peruse.

Today we know that he is semiliterate, ignorant of the most basic elements of government and the issues that face the nation, but believes that he is a genius who doesn't need to listen to anyone. The man is a "child" in the view of most of the White House staff who must have constant self-gratification or he becomes angry or sullen. He has begun repeating himself in the space of 10 minute periods up from a former 30 minutes and his commentary is all over the place, full of non-sequiturs and contradictions.

The man is mentally unstable. That wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't president of the United States. The minority of Americans who elected him president made a horrible mistake. The question remains what to do about it. Unfortunately, the Republican party is out to make the most of this chance to implement its greedy, self-serving agenda and will tolerate a dangerous, mentally-unfit ignoramus in the White House to do it. The safety of the nation be damned. 

--- Quote ---In the past week alone, a new book resurfaced previously reported concerns among the president’s own advisers about his fitness for office, the question of his mental state came up at two White House briefings and the secretary of state was asked if Mr. Trump was mentally fit. After the president boasted that his “nuclear button” was bigger than Kim Jong-un’s in North Korea, Richard W. Painter, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, described the claim as proof that Mr. Trump is “psychologically unfit” and should have his powers transferred to Vice President Mike Pence under the Constitution’s 25th Amendment.

Mr. Trump’s self-absorption, impulsiveness, lack of empathy, obsessive focus on slights, tenuous grasp of facts and penchant for sometimes far-fetched conspiracy theories have generated endless op-ed columns, magazine articles, books, professional panel discussions and cable television speculation.

“The level of concern by the public is now enormous,” said Bandy X. Lee, a forensic psychiatrist at Yale School of Medicine and editor of “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President,” a book released last fall. “They’re telling us to speak more loudly and clearly and not to stop until something is done because they are terrified.”
--- End quote ---

Trump, Defending His Mental Fitness, Says He’s a ‘Very Stable Genius’
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/us/politics/trump-genius-mental-health.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Today Trump topped his most ridiculous tweets by claiming that his accomplishments would qualify him as "not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!” 

I am sure everyone can relax now that the "genius" has spoken.  :o

RealConservative:
Im a lifelong Republican and a by the book conservative. Donald is not and I think his mental health is showing to be very weak as the weeks go by. I know some good real republicans are hiding and waiting for the chance to get him ushered out of office.

Thatd be a relief and I think Mike Pence would make a very good President! And if his poor mental health doesnt get ride of him I look forward to a Marco Rubio/Ted Cruz/John Kasich primary!

Trump is a joke. And a draft-dodging pussy. That is all for now.

Common Sense:
A bit graphic there at the end, but, yeah....thatd be nice!

And my house is a fan of Kasich.

Solon:
I think Mike Pence is a terrible choice for president on virtually every domestic policy issue imaginable, BUT, I am more than ready for him to take office as president in view of the obvious disability of our current occupant. The 25th Amendment offers the most logical and efficient process. If a fraction of Fire and Fury is true--and much of this has already been reported from a variety of sources, the Cabinet should be prepared to pull the trigger now. It may seem prudent to wait until Trump commits some egregious error that has catastrophic consequences, but I would say that is an unfolding process rather than a bolt from the blue...and the more dangerous for it. 

I join RealConservative in calling for the elevation of Mike Pence NOW!

Steven:
One man's version of crazy is another man's version of genius. I'm just glad Hillary is not president.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version