Author Topic: GOP Retains Majority in General Assembly  (Read 75 times)

superman

• View Profile
GOP Retains Majority in General Assembly
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    Republicans will have a 51-49 majority in the House of Delegates for the next two years as well as control of the Virginia Senate.

This will limit Northam and his liberal buddies from doing anything drastic and harmful to Virginians.

Almost time to say goodbye to Hillary Clinton sidekick Governor McAwful. he was  blocked for four years by Republicans in the General Assembly.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    Re: GOP Retains Majority in General Assembly
    « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
  • Publish
  • Governor McAuliffe has done a great job and our Virginia economy has been booming for years. He goes out of office with great approval ratings and fantastic appointments who will continue doing the jobs for all Virginians.

Ralph Northam. Governor-elect Ralph Northam is a rural, moderate from the Easter Shore and with the slim majority (51-49) he will finally have a bi-partisan House and Senate to work for all Virginians. I predicted LG race would be the one that Republicans won but THANKS TO THE TRUMP EFFECT the Democrats got a clean sweep. And elected officials from all over are now focused on their constiutents rather than party.

Even (presumed House Speaker) Kirk Cox seems to have moderated a bit. Hope that mindset continues into the gavel of the 2018 General Assembly session.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »
  • Publish
  • I just hope they can work together.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 06:16:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • Amen. And they already are.

Got a few friends who work in the Executive, and LAs (legislative aides) for delegates on both sides and both R's and D's are ready to rid the commonwealth of the toxic political atmosphere that our country is in. And I've talked with my delegate and my senator (both R's). Its going to be a good session.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

superman

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • That will mean Northam will not try and stick Virginians with expansion of Medicaid like Governor McAwful tried to do unsuccessfully.

We will see.