I thought this was a gigantic story that would never go away. Solon used to have dozens of posts everyday exposing Trump. And now nothing? What happened - did the truth finally come out? Could someone give me an update please?
To answer your question Steven:
1. I posted last week on the subject pointing out the misperceptions created by the media on the topic and that Papadopoulos was the source of the information that led to the initial FBI investigation. He told an Australian diplomat about the Russian possession of Hillary's hacked emails long before they surfaced in public.
2. The Mueller investigation is not leaking, so we aren't getting any tidbits from them. Plus a national security investigation often takes years, not weeks or months, so the details will be slow to emerge. In other words, this is a slow developing burn.
3. There is so much other stuff going on that I have not been posting a fraction of what I could on the subject. Re: Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
by Michael Wolff
4. Recently, last night, for example, the information that is coming from investigative reporters focuses on the president's obstruction of the Russian investigation. They are all over the potential obstruction of justice charges that could be leveled against the president. I just listened to a special Lawfare
podcast that addresses last night's info. The debate between lawyers over whether a sitting president can be charged with obstruction of justice repeatedly surfaces every time more news emerges that the president has done just that.
See... Obstruction Inquiry Shows Trumpís Struggle to Keep Grip on Russia Investigationhttps://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/politics/trump-sessions-russia-mcgahn.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
5. Yes, there was collusion. Is there a crime of conspiracy? We await the findings of the Mueller investigation to tell us definitively.