Author Topic: MoviePass  (Read 182 times)

Blue Fish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
MoviePass
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    Anyone have one of these? https://www.moviepass.com/

Martinsville theaters are included, so is Danville.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

ToupeeJay

• View Profile
    Re: MoviePass
    « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 03:30:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • I just recently signed up. They send you a mastercard to purchase the tickets (I received mine in about 4 days). The process requires you to choose your movie through the app on your phone (you must be within 100 yards of the theater you choose), then it activates the card to make the purchase. So far it's worked perfectly. One week into my first month and it's already saved me over $40.

The mastercard is their work-around to keep the theaters from not allowing their service. The rest of their loss on the movie tickets is supplemented by sales of the data they get from which movies people are seeing. I'm game if it saves me from paying full ticket price.

Pretty incredible service!

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • I just recently signed up. They send you a mastercard to purchase the tickets (I received mine in about 4 days). The process requires you to choose your movie through the app on your phone (you must be within 100 yards of the theater you choose), then it activates the card to make the purchase. So far it's worked perfectly. One week into my first month and it's already saved me over $40.

The mastercard is their work-around to keep the theaters from not allowing their service. The rest of their loss on the movie tickets is supplemented by sales of the data they get from which movies people are seeing. I'm game if it saves me from paying full ticket price.

Pretty incredible service!

So you've seen 4 movies? Not to hijack the thread topic, but which ones did you see?

ToupeeJay

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
  • Publish

• So you've seen 4 movies? Not to hijack the thread topic, but which ones did you see?

I believe you already noticed, but I mentioned them in the recently watched thread.  :)

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 01:46:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • Even around here, a trip to Danville once or twice a month would make moviepass worth it. From what you're saying, I couldn't get my ticket at home and then go. I'd have to drive to the theater and then purchase it from there?

LpMv2407

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 05:52:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • I bought a couple as christmas presents. I'll let you know the reviews as they come in. One activated their membership today.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
      • View Profile
      • Sleep Apnea: The Struggle To Sleep
    « Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 04:57:49 PM »
  • Publish
  • I wish this was around before my wife and I started having children!

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 06:10:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • Quite frankly, I quite going to the movies for two reasons

1) It got too expensive.
    2) It got much easier to watch movies at home.

Moviepass does away with the first objection, and I must say, the idea of going out once in awhile to see a movie again is appealing. Although the Danville theater is my choice, the last couple of times I was there the volume was so low you could barely hear it.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
      • View Profile
      • Sleep Apnea: The Struggle To Sleep
    « Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Quite frankly, I quite going to the movies for two reasons

1) It got too expensive.
    2) It got much easier to watch movies at home.

Moviepass does away with the first objection, and I must say, the idea of going out once in awhile to see a movie again is appealing. Although the Danville theater is my choice, the last couple of times I was there the volume was so low you could barely hear it.

I like having date night where my wife and I can go out to a nice dinner and see a movie. Any reason to get out of the house, ya know! But having said that, TVs are so enjoyable and upscale now that waiting to see a movie when it comes out on disc ain't so bad. If I ever become rich, I am building a theater room, complete with 100+ screen, stadium seating, etc....