Blue Fish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
WHEE
« on: December 18, 2017, 03:35:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    We had a component failure in our transmitter today just after noon. Parts have been ordered from a supplier in California. Assuming all goes well, we hope to be back on the air late Wednesday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    Re: WHEE
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:24:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hello Everyone. WHEE is currently off the air due to a multiple component failure at our transmitter this morning at 8:10 AM. We currently estimate restoration by tomorrow afternoon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:11:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • WHEE returned to the airwaves yesterday afternoon.

Riggins

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 03:24:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • Your TV station sure is looking good!

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 04:08:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks!

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:16:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • Needless to say, the power outage in the city last night knocked us off the air. I'm told it was a blown transformer on Windsor Lane. Power jolts during power outages has a bad tendency to damage sensitive electronics. Glad to report today it looks like everything is ok.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • About 12:30 last night our studio audio link with CenturyLink went down at the transmitter site. I checked again at 2:30 this morning and it was still out. Was expecting to have to get on the phone with CenturyLink and go that route with them today to get someone down there to fix it. I was pleasantly surprised to find it back up and online at sign on this morning, so everything was ok.

Props go to the City's MiNet Department! Our fiber connection at Chatham Heights went down Sunday around 5 PM. I called the number and Mike answered. He was out of town, but available to answer calls. He notified the tech on duty and within the hour it was back up. The tech called me and said he found a breaker that had tripped at the ball field down the road. He reset the breaker and all was well. This would not have been resolved so quickly if it had been Comcast or CenturyLink and is the strongest selling point they have. Our MiNet fiber has been the most solid, reliable service we've had - period - and the service is beyond compare.

LpMv2407

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 04:03:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • Bill I was listening to the coffee break on 1450 on 1/16 and it was very hard to hear the callers calling in. The host and guest seemed to be micd very well, but the callers were really low. Just an FYI

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • Yep. Thanks for noticing! "Dan the Man" was using the mic used to mic the callers and the caller audio was coming off the back end of Jessie's mic. She's supposed to cover the caller with her mic, but she forgot and I didn't remind her. Producer's fault. The new studio is being wired so the call-in line will have it's own dedicated pot on the mixer like it used to be.

LpMv2407

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 08:17:48 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yep. Thanks for noticing! "Dan the Man" was using the mic used to mic the callers and the caller audio was coming off the back end of Jessie's mic. She's supposed to cover the caller with her mic, but she forgot and I didn't remind her. Producer's fault. The new studio is being wired so the call-in line will have it's own dedicated pot on the mixer like it used to be.

makes sense. good to know!