Author Topic: Martinsville's Pre-Thanksgiving Parade  (Read 55 times)

superman

• View Profile
Martinsville's Pre-Thanksgiving Parade
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
IMO, if you want to have a parade in the middle of November and before the Thanksgiving holiday, do not name it a Christmas Parade. Call it the Thanksgiving Parade with a special appearance by Santa Claus.

Residents can always go to the Bassett Christmas Parade which is scheduled for Saturday, December 2nd which at least is during the Christmas season (after Thanksgiving).

LpMv2407

• View Profile
Re: Martinsville's Pre-Thanksgiving Parade
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:28:25 AM »
IMO, if you want to have a parade in the middle of November and before the Thanksgiving holiday, do not name it a Christmas Parade. Call it the Thanksgiving Parade with a special appearance by Santa Claus.

Residents can always go to the Bassett Christmas Parade which is scheduled for Saturday, December 2nd which at least is during the Christmas season (after Thanksgiving).

I for one commend them for doing it when they do. It's not as cold as it is in December and it doesn't take away from time people spend traveling or visiting with family. This is a community Christmas parade and the community should be a part of it.

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 05:34:31 PM »
I'm old school. Christmas comes after Thanksgiving. Including parades. I'll go to the Bassett Christmas Parade.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:11:28 PM »
I'm old school. Christmas comes after Thanksgiving. Including parades. I'll go to the Bassett Christmas Parade.

I agree wholeheartedly. But I ain't going to anything Christmas-fested until after I eat that turkey!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:30:15 AM »
I heard a turkey call my name! And he was hanging out with the Mashed Potato Gang!