Author Topic: 59 Congresswomen Call for Investigation of Sex Claims Against Trump  (Read 42 times)

Solon

• View Profile
Advertisement
Six Senators have called for Trump's resignation after 3 of his 17 accusers held a press conference to highlight their charges of sexual harassment. With the push among House women to begin an investigation into the charges against him, Trump took to twitter to attack Sen. Gillibrand with what many have called a sexually suggestive remark.

@realDonaldTrump
Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

Gillibrand responded:
@SenGillibrand
You cannot silence me or the millions of women who have gotten off the sidelines to speak out about the unfitness and shame you have brought to the Oval Office.

Trump was the teflon candidate, but he has been far from a teflon president. His past is catching up with him and his unrepentant attitude and belligerent aggression are not playing well. His support among evangelicals has dropped by double digits according to the latest polling, so his base may not be as resilient as thought. With an approval rating at an all-time low of 32%, he would be wise not to further alienate the female half of the population. It may be that his scornful treatment of women critics will bring forth a wrathful retribution that will destroy him before Mueller can complete his investigation. 

I am still recovering from the comments of Trump defender and shill, UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, when she said Trump's female accusers should be heard after defending his policies on Face the Nation. Trump was reportedly furious. That may mark the beginning of his undoing.

A group of 59 female members of Congress urged the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to investigate claims against Mr Trump.

"At least 17 women have publicly accused the President of sexual misconduct," said the letter to the committee from the Democratic Women's Working Group (DWWG).

"The American people deserve a full inquiry into the truth of these allegations," the lawmakers write in their letter, which also lists the names and stories of Mr Trump's accusers.

Trump accused of 'slut shaming' Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42328464
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:50:25 PM by Solon »
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Blue Fish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
Re: 59 Congresswomen Call for Investigation of Sex Claims Against Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
  • Publish
  • So... the Statute of Limitations puts a limit on all minor crimes and most felonies. I can't find a succinct list of "major crimes" which are purported to be exempt from the statute. The definition reads this way:

A major crime is defined as a crime that is committed such as murder, forced rape, sexual molestation, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, motor vehicle or larceny theft, and/or any crime committed against the state; to include terrorism.

"Such as" really narrows it down, don't you think? What other crimes are such as the ones uses as examples?

Anyway, IMO, I think they should start defining what of these criminal complaints are indeed exempt from the statute, and investigate accordingly. AND, when a report is determined to be false, the person who filed it is charged accordingly. I'm certainly not condoning any of the acts that are true, but I do think there is a responsibility on the part of the victim to report a crime when a crime is committed. And when they lie, as so many of them have been shown to do so, then they should be accountable to the law as well.

In all of these cases, I always ask the question... "Now why would a person wait this long to report something that happened to them?" Sometimes (seldom) there is a fair and reasonable explanation. Unfortunately, almost always there is a motivating factor that has nothing to do with justice or vindication for someone who was wronged. It's financial reward usually provided by someone or ones with an agenda, be it political or personal. Because I am unable to discern what is and what isn't, I choose to discount these over-hyped claims that fail the test of what any normal, prudent person would do... report the incident as soon as possible. 
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)