Author Topic: Courts Block Trump Administration on Travel and Transgender Bans  (Read 48 times)

Solon

• View Profile
The courts continue to be a thorn in the side of the Trump administration. Two late October rulings have stayed actions involving the Muslim travel ban and the ability of transgender individuals to join the military services.

ON TUESDAY NIGHT [Oct. 17], two U.S. judges on opposite sides of the country issued last-minute injunctions against President Donald Trump’s latest travel ban, which was set to take effect the following morning. The rulings came in response to lawsuits filed by the International Refugee Assistance Project and the state of Hawaii, both of which challenged the legality of Trump’s executive order banning entrants from eight countries — including six predominantly Muslim nations. In Hawaii, District Judge Derrick Watson ruled that the latest executive order “plainly discriminates based on nationality” in an unlawful way. In Maryland, District Judge Theodore Chuang echoed Watson, citing Trump’s tweets and his (now-deleted) campaign pledge, which was titled “Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration.” Chuang called the current order an “inextricable re-animation of the twice-enjoined Muslim ban.”

HOW LONG CAN THE COURTS KEEP DONALD TRUMP’S MUSLIM BAN AT BAY?
https://theintercept.com/2017/10/21/donald-trump-muslim-ban-supreme-court/

A federal judge on Monday [Oct. 30] temporarily blocked a White House policy barring military service by transgender troops, ruling that it was based on “disapproval of transgender people generally.”

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia found the administration’s justification for the ban, which was set to take effect in March 2018, to be suspect and likely unconstitutional. She ruled that the military’s current policy should remain in place.
Judge Blocks Trump’s Ban on Transgender Troops in Military
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/military-transgender-ban.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: Courts Block Trump Administration on Travel and Transgender Bans
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 10:08:28 AM »
Let freedom ring! And those who want to serve in the military continue to do so despite the efforts from a draft-dodging, entitled, fatass.

Another step for propecting our freedom and our constitution.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »
A draft-dodging, entitled, fatass? Were you referring to Bill Clinton? LOL! I'm just picking on you. I thought Bill did a good job.  I agree with many of the things Trump is trying to do but I think it's too late. Protecting our borders and keeping jobs in America should have been corrected decades ago. If he had ran as a democrat he would have had more success. All of his attackers would have been his supporters for doing exactly what he is doing now. That's just politics.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 12:57:23 PM »
I'm not a big a big fan of Bill by any means. But he is not President at current day.

Oh, and I should have added "orange bronzed" to the original line.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 02:33:12 PM »
Orange Bronzed? That's pretty funny!