Author Topic: Annual Sabattical  (Read 169 times)

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
Annual Sabattical
« on: October 24, 2017, 11:07:48 PM »
Most of my adult life I try to take the month of November off from my habits... whatever they may be. Might sound silly, but its what I do. This year I will be refraining from my daily ritual of visiting and commenting on this site, and other social media. Not being one to quit cold turkey, I usually take the last week of October to start practicing the habit of not practicing my habits. Then, on Nov. 1 I'm all in. No worries, just a break for myself. I'll be back in December.

Keep the boards alive guys!
It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: Annual Sabattical
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »
Thats inspiring, Bill. Good luck!

Makes me think about what aspect of my day-to-day life I could take a brief sabbatical from?
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:14:53 AM »
You are in good company. Bill Gates used to do this too.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:40:51 AM »
I might try to do the same thing, Bill. Maybe not necessarily the month of November, but to take a month and do this is probably a refreshing thing.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
Bill - if you stayed away from heavy metal music - would that be a Black Sabbatical? No Iron Man Or Paranoid? I couldn't make it.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 07:26:11 AM »
Thats good stuff right there! Black Sabbatical! Haha

I only take 1 day off of the gym and running per week and I couldn't do a full week without metal. My fitness goals would be lagging if that was the case!

(Metallica, Killswitch Engage, Volbeat, Stone Sour, Slipknot, etc.)
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:51:43 AM »
Rock On! Check this out - I did not know this album existed until last week. Tony Iommi and Glen Hughes recorded this in 2005. This Is awesome!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 09:08:12 AM »
Thats awesome- never knew that existed either!

I went to Ozzfest 2001 and that was the first time in almost 2 decades that Iommi and most of Sabbath had played together.

Iommi refused to play any of Ozzy's solo stuff on stage; I respect that...keeping it strictly Sabbath.

His replacement for those covers was pretty sick too in that it was Zakk Wylde!

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »
You got to see both Tony Iommi and Zakk Wylde in the same day at the same show? You have bragging rights!

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
Let's move this to the music section. See ya there!

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 09:59:15 AM »
I get so confused. I wind up taking months off from the gym and only working out there once in awhile. I think I have my priorities backwards, LOL!  ;D
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 10:16:14 AM »
I wish I had time to go to the gym. When I win the lottery I'm going to buy a couple extra hours for each day.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
You got to see both Tony Iommi and Zakk Wylde in the same day at the same show? You have bragging rights!

It was killer!

Black Label Society performed earlier that day on Stage 2. But Zakk and Tony had a gentlemens agreement that Tony wasn't going to play any Ozzy solos, as Zakk was the album performer on them AND because Tony was angry that Ozzy's solo career was the cause of their initial breakup.

They would rotate on stage but they were both frigging killer! Zakk live with the Black Label Society is one of the BEST live guitars I've ever seen. And its hard to find a close 2nd!

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 11:31:42 AM »
It's a rarity to see not one but two dominating guitarists on the same stage. I need to find a video of those shows. If I do my wife will get mad when I lock myself in the dog house!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »
It was out of this world but I do have to say, they didnt share the stage at the same time. Tony went off for about 5 songs that were Ozzy solos with Zakk, then they swapped back off once it came back to Black Sabbath jams for the rest of the show.

Still friggin awesome. And I became a HUGE BLACK LABEL SOCIETY FAN starting that day.