Author Topic: Puffy Diddy Wanting To Start His Own Football League  (Read 110 times)

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
Puffy Diddy Wanting To Start His Own Football League
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »
*Sigh*

Yet another is wanting to start up another pro football league. Sean "Diddy" Combs first stated that he wanted to buy the NFL, but since I seriously doubt he has that type of cash on him (and I bet the owners would never go for it, especially the publicly traded Green Bay Packers), he has decided to start up his own league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/11/sean-combs-hints-at-starting-a-new-football-league/

He's been talking about it on his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/diddy/status/917903094708690944

I have to say, after reading some of the comments on his Twitter account, I'm a bit discouraged by the attitudes. I thought we got passed segregation?

Anyway, this will go the way of the XFL and the USFL. The NFL is much to big to be conquered and I doubt stars from the NFL will ditch their multi-million dollar contracts to go play in a start up league for about $50k a year.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: Puffy Diddy Wanting To Start His Own Football League
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Didn't they learn from the XFL and Vinc McMahon about 14 years ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
Let him do it. Maybe it's time he went broke.

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »
I think he's thinking that if he gets this off the ground, all of the black athletes in the NFL will move over to his league and that his league will be king since the black athlete is supposedly superior to the white athlete. (I'm getting this from his comments section.) So the idea is, they want their own and the NFL can go do whatever they want.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 10:41:32 AM »
Well - who's gonna pay all of those star athletes? The NFL has all of the white billionaires.

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 11:23:16 AM »
Well - who's gonna pay all of those star athletes? The NFL has all of the white billionaires.

Exactly. And we all know, when it comes to millions of dollars as opposed to making, maybe, $200k if you're lucky, sorry, but money wins out over race loyalty.