December 11, 2017, 07:37:53 PM

Author Topic: Doug & Telisha Williams  (Read 196 times)

Blue Fish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
Doug & Telisha Williams
« on: October 10, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »
Interview with them by phone today. They play at the Rives on Friday.

It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Doug & Telisha Williams
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
I used to work with Telisha years ago. She's a sweetheart and such a good person! I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting her husband. I am so glad they are getting recognized in the music biz. Their music is on iTunes.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:41:56 AM »
Telisha worked with my mom for a few years. Been friends with both of them for a few years.

Both are great musicians and overall great people!

Their song "Massey's Run' on their first album is my favorite. Bout racing at Martinsville Speedway in the Wood Brothers car. Thanks for bringing into the fold of local media, Bill. Makes us locals proud!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 12:47:54 PM »
I've known Telisha's dad for years - Billy is one of the good guys. I've talked to Telisha on several occasions - all I can say is she is a sweet down to earth young lady and I wish her and Doug the best.

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:46:21 AM »
I've known Telisha's dad for years - Billy is one of the good guys. I've talked to Telisha on several occasions - all I can say is she is a sweet down to earth young lady and I wish her and Doug the best.

You know, in a way, this might be good for Martinsville if they truly hit it big time.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

jonas_24112

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
I know both of them and hate to say it but....I think they are just mediocre.  They are both great people  and it is cool that a couple of locals are burning up the coffee house circuit, but I honestly do not see how they are making a living at it, unless they perhaps have a generous patron or two.   

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:15:25 AM by jonas_24112 »

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »
Does mediocre mean half ocre?

jonas_24112

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »
Does mediocre mean half ocre?

lol....it means they're just ok.  They live in Nashville, but are coming to Martinsville, VA to have a CD release party. That should say it all.   

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
Well, they've had a couple release parties but they are coming to Martinsville because they are coming HOME to have an event here.

This is what we need. Someone who can make it big and not just leave Martinsville in the rear-view mirror.

This is great! And their live shows are awesome as well. Ive had the chance to see them play a few shows and the musical quality is outstanding. A LOT better than the "country" stuff you hear on the radio.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »
Did any of you go Friday night? If so - how was it?

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »
Didn't realize they live in Nashville now.