Author Topic: A Message To The NFL  (Read 305 times)

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: A Message To The NFL
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 04:23:29 PM »
I don't think theyre actually saying anything when they kneel. They are making a statement and then lacing up to play. I stand when I'm in a stadium during the anthem.

Certain players kneel in protest then Donald Trump blasts off at the mouth/fingers.

I just need a couple guys to play defense. Defense wins championships!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
Well I disagree. When you kneel for the national anthem - you are kneeling for the national anthem. To me it's obvious. Without fans in the seats and no fans watching - your statement becomes irrelevant.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »
Well I disagree. When you kneel for the national anthem - you are kneeling for the national anthem. To me it's obvious. Without fans in the seats and no fans watching - your statement becomes irrelevant.

Yes- but the "shut up and play football" doesn't really apply because they aren't really saying anything. Their choice to protest police brutality, and now Donald Trump is his little spats with how folks exercise their 1st amendment,  isn't violent in anyway. You decision is to not tune it or pay the exorbitant amount to go to a live game is your free market counter protest.

But the NFL is a billion dollar business and the multi-million contracts aren't going to be phased in anyway.

And my fantasy team is going to continue to half-ass in my big money league until one of my friends wants to open up trade talks. And/or until the league starts playing defense!!!!!!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 07:38:47 AM »
I tried watching some of the Skins- Cowboys game but I couldn't get interested. And that was a game I would never  miss. I don't think I'm protesting anymore - I think I've just walked away.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
I was able to watch part of that at work, at it was streaming at my office/the gym.

That wasnt the slobberknocker that it was supposed to be. That was a beatdowwwnnnn!

(sorry Skinsguy!)

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
I was able to watch part of that at work, at it was streaming at my office/the gym.

That wasnt the slobberknocker that it was supposed to be. That was a beatdowwwnnnn!

(sorry Skinsguy!)

Redskins are too banged up to compete right now. They will easily lose their next two games until guys start getting healthy again. The upside is, they'll face the Cowboys again, highly likely without facing Zeke - who killed us as usual. Also, we will be heading into a softer part of the schedule.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 09:29:18 AM »

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 09:35:36 AM »
They're my favorite national chain pizza.

Might help his sales (and my personal consumer-ship haha!) if he got his chains doing the "hot and ready" type deals that Little Caesar's and Domino's have now. While LC's doesn't have really good pizza the ability to drive through and grab a pizza with the quickness of being a burger has made their worth boom. So much that they have the new Detroit Red Wings NHL stadium named the "Little Caesar's Arena".

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
I like pizza and I can enjoy something from every chain. If I dine in - I prefer Pizza Hut. I would have say Elizabeth's has the best subs - at least with the meatball sub and the cheese steaks. Those are the only subs I get.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2017, 03:16:19 PM »
I like pizza and I can enjoy something from every chain. If I dine in - I prefer Pizza Hut. I would have say Elizabeth's has the best subs - at least with the meatball sub and the cheese steaks. Those are the only subs I get.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but pizza is one of my favorite subjects, lol! Especially right now, since I'm on a strict health plan. My friends and I used to hang out at Pizza Hut every weekend, Friday and Saturday night. For the early part of my 20's, I had a lot of Pizza Hut pizza! I can say, not all Pizza Huts are equal! There was one down here in G'boro we ate out a couple years ago that was so high in sodium that I felt myself blown up like a balloon after eating there. The one closer to my house in Stokesdale is much better though.

If you guys ever get down to G'boro, you have to check out Home Slice pizza, which is close to the Friendly Shopping Center. Sooooooo good! Kind of reminds you of Elizabeth's Pizza, but in my opinion, much better pizza! They also have a food truck that will be present at many outdoor events down here. Other places to consider - Mario's Pizza! Sooo good! Real New York Style pizza! In terms of a national chain, Pizza Hut is my first, followed by Papa Jones, and then Dominos. Little Caesars ONLY if I'm in a hurry and need something super quick to feed the family.

By far, the best place in Martinsville, in my opinion - Najar's Pizza, followed by Elizabeth's for other dishes (Lasagna , Spaghetti, Calzones, etc...) Papa's Pizza in Bassett is pretty good too.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!