Author Topic: A Message To The NFL  (Read 304 times)

Steven

• View Profile
A Message To The NFL
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:03:12 AM »
This is a free country. You have the right to kneel during the national anthem but I also have the right to be offended by your actions. So does my wallet.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: A Message To The NFL
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
Absolutely. I really don't find interlocking arms together as a team to be offensive at all. I think it's still respecting the anthem, because players are still able to put their hands over their heats if they want to. I don't agree with the kneeling and I definitely think not even coming out for the anthem is appalling.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
More to our butthole president who drew the NFL into this by not getting anything accomplished last 10monthstrump may be a better resident than Hilary would have been,that ain't saying much.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »
This is not about Trump. It is about disrespecting the flag.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 07:14:08 AM »
I stand and salute when its played at an event I am at. And I'm not easily offended.

Its mostly based on Trump as he goes after anyone he kneels and pitches a temper tantrum. Now more and more are going to kneel to get back at him and his war against the player's non-violent protest. He continues to try to control private business; a multi-billion dollar one at that.

He is ALL ABOUT RATINGS AND ATTENTION! So he continues to throw gas on a small flame to make a big bonfire.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 09:57:55 AM »
I stand and salute when its played at an event I am at. And I'm not easily offended.

Its mostly based on Trump as he goes after anyone he kneels and pitches a temper tantrum. Now more and more are going to kneel to get back at him and his war against the player's non-violent protest. He continues to try to control private business; a multi-billion dollar one at that.

He is ALL ABOUT RATINGS AND ATTENTION! So he continues to throw gas on a small flame to make a big bonfire.

Well, keep in mind, President Trump is not a life long politician. He's a business man. So, he's going to look at things through a different set of eyes. The majority of Americans wanted such change, whether that President came under R or D. We have all complained about politicians being crooked. But I do believe Trump is running the Presidency much like a businessman. And he sees the protests as bad business for the NFL. And you know what, he's absolutely right. The ratings have been down and continue to fall, and a lot of fans are sick and tired of privileged multi-millionaires complaining about social injustice, especially complaining about the police. A lot of these guys have had troubled pasts and run ins with the law, and I just find the whole thing quite hypocritical.

Even President Obama had his little say in the Redskins name controversy, so he's not innocent either. So, the way I see it is, you can't be proud of one President who has also stuck his nose in NFL business, while being upset at another President for doing the same thing. 
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
Didn't like it on the Redskins name. If it hurt the native American population then they would have risen up and brought the case to Dan and the Skins organization. The leaders of the tribes didn't find it offensive or derogatory, so everyone dropped it.

Trump is not a businessman anymore. He just likes to poke a fire and make it seem like the worlds against him.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »
Trump is the president but he doesn't practice political correctness. Whether you like him or not - he speaks his mind.

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »
Trump is the president but he doesn't practice political correctness. Whether you like him or not - he speaks his mind.

Unfortunately it's a damaged, dementia-ravaged mind lacking basic knowledge and incapable of learning.

The Republican senators went to the White House and saw a president so repetitive and rambling, some thought he might be suffering from early Alzheimerís.

David Brooks should know better. He's 71, not so early to show the symptoms after a life of indulgence, especially under the stress of the presidency.

Besides, this is about Trump's revenge on the NFL for thwarting his ownership ambitions. He only cares about himself. This is a way to stick his thumb in the eye of people he feels rejected him.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:08:35 PM by Solon »
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 04:54:10 PM »
Didn't like it on the Redskins name. If it hurt the native American population then they would have risen up and brought the case to Dan and the Skins organization. The leaders of the tribes didn't find it offensive or derogatory, so everyone dropped it.

Trump is not a businessman anymore. He just likes to poke a fire and make it seem like the worlds against him.

Point is, you have politicians who spend their life being groomed to be just that - politicians. Not always being groomed to be leaders who want to make a difference in the country. If Trey Gowdy ever runs for President, I will get out and campaign for him.

Enderdog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
Another message to the NFL:  Shut up and play football.  I don't care about your politics.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »
Ahhhh...I think they are. Donny John just keeps poking at ashes to make a bigger fire thus more folks will protest in a non-violent manner.

He has riled up every owner and GM to get along in the little party as well.

Honestly, I just need my fantasy team to play better. I'm not gonna win $$ this season until some of my guys spark it up a notch!

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 08:59:49 AM »
I am so tired of hearing about all of this. And I actually believe it doesn't matter if you're an R fan, D fan, or Independent. I think the majority of people are done with these protests. During the season, you don't usually see the anthem being played on TV. Maybe the first week of the season, the playoffs, and the Super Bowl. Which helps to smoulder the flames a bit. Out of sight, out of mind.

I can't help but to think there is something that the NFL owners know about Colin Kaepernick that us viewers don't know. It could be the simple fact that he's just not that good of a quarterback, lol! Sure, he had some winning seasons in San Fran and played in a Super Bowl, but Jim Harbaugh has a knack for turning any organization into a winning football program. If he EVER wants to coach in the NFL again, I would LOVE for him to come to Washington if we ever cut Jay Gruden loose.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 11:29:33 AM »
I miss when there used to be good defense in the NFL.

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
Enderdog said it best -

SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL!