Main Boards > Movies and Television

TV Trailers

(1/3) > >>

lazebone:
I am always looking for good shows to watch that I may not have seen or heard of before. Since we have the "What you're currently watching" thread, I thought we could have a place to add things we've watched in the past that others may enjoy.

Post the Season 1 trailer if you have the Youtube link ... and no spoilers!

lazebone:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQeUmSD1c3g
Dexter is one of my favorites. One of the all time best with cliffhangers and resolutions, twists and turns, it has some of the most mind blowing episode/season finales of any episodic show that will make it more than difficult to not "just watch one more." The talent includes Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under), Keith Carradine, John Lithgow, Jimmy Smits, and tons more. The soundtrack is top notch, often difficult to the the themes out of your head, lol. Unlike a lot of shows, it doesn't take a lot of episodes to "get into." If you watch the first episode to the end, it's difficult not to want to see what happens next.

Showtime has the first episode available on Youtube. (Change your resolution to HD for best viewing expierience:) Showtime also offers a free trial for their app, ala Netflix, but I'm pretty sure Dexter is actually available on Netflix as well.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OGhI3P2w_g

lazebone:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfuMhXcLa-Q
From the writer and executive producer of HBO's the Sopranos, Mad Men is one of those shows that was a little tough to get into, but once I did ... wow .... this is a prime example of quality television. An engrossing story that doesn't fall back on "which character dies this week," and gives focus to dialogue and set design, not to mention the sheer depth of characters and backstories that help to create a realistic world.

lazebone:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOPnIrjrDiE
Pretty enjoyable show to watch. Not as "realistic" as I prefer my shows to be, but hey, it's Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt, so it has the acting pedigree behind it. Best ever? Nah, but worth a watch when you're looking for something fresh. I will say that sometimes a trailer doesn't do a program the justice it deserves. It seems the opposite here lol.

lazebone:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=b35DGguOuEY
I think it's the era and subject matter that draws me into this show. Currently airing their final season on AMC, Halt and Catch Fire (referring to an old PC command) throws fictional characters into the real life events of the computer age and shows the story from the perspective of competitor to the IBM's, Apple's, Microsofts, and AOL's of the world.

I think they did a decent job of recreating the era and being nostalgic without being "gimmicky." For those that had anything to do with computers from the mid 80's to mid 90's, it's a pretty fun watch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version