Main Boards > Movies and Television

Streaming Video/TV Services

(1/4) > >>

Skinsguy:
Do you guys realize that there's a huge amount of streaming video services out there now? How many of these do you guys subscribe to?

Netflix
Hulu
Amazon Prime Video
Sling TV
CBS Access App
Playstation Vue
Hulu & Hulu Live TV
YoutTube Live TV (and also Red)
HBO GO
DirecTV Now
ShowTime App

Coming in a couple years, Disney App.

Riggins:
I only have Netflix right now,I am waiting for a sports streaming service,yeah I know don't hold my breath,but then I could cut the cable for good.

Skinsguy:

--- Quote from: Riggins on September 09, 2017, 04:58:29 AM ---I only have Netflix right now,I am waiting for a sports streaming service,yeah I know don't hold my breath,but then I could cut the cable for good.

--- End quote ---

That might be a real possiblity once ATSC 3.0 becomes the standard. It's supposed to be coupled with the internet. Without going through all the details, subscription based programming would be offered to cordcutters, and I'm thinking once this happens, you'll see more sports being offered this way. Of course, it might also mean that all sports become subscription based, which would be a sad day, but if I could get NFL Sunday Ticket as a cordcutter, than I would be willing to pay for that. DirecTV has held ransom to that for way too long.

jonas_24112:
I cut the cord 2.5 years ago.  Subscribe to Sling TV & Netflix.  I absolutely do not miss Comcast or Direct TV. 

The single and only downfall for me is the lack of live NFL football, but it is getting better.  I have all the intention to watch more games, but my hobbies tend to keep me outside.  So for when I want to catch a game, I rely on friends houses and sports bars.  I admit that i have just been too sorry to put up an antenna to get them free OTA.  I do have it on my never ending list of home projects though.......:>)

Riggins:
The OTA option is hit or miss,depending on where you live.When it's rainy and windy,I can't watch it and I have a expensive roof antenna.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version