Author Topic: College Basketball 2017-2018  (Read 993 times)

Blue Fish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
Re: College Basketball 2017-2018
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    I agree. You know the UVA / Va Tech matchup is just 11 days away. I give the advantage to the Hoos, but it's going to be a very interesting game - especially with Tech's emphasis on offense this year and Bennett's style of "pack it in and slow it down.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • UVa should be the favorite, and with good reason. Should be a good game dictated by clock management and "slow it down" mantra to keep the Hokie fast breaks and 3-point shooting game limited.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • Boston College gave UVA a real scare today. The Cavs pulled it out by 1 point. Tomorrow night the Hokies will have their hands full with Syracuse. Watch it on ESPNu and/or listen to it on WMVA-AM1450 and here: https://tunein.com/radio/WMVA-1450-s21292/ Syracuse is a slight favorite - should be a good game.

superman

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 08:19:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • Attended the BC-UVA game this afternoon. Good game, Hoos were sloppy and the refs made some really bad calls. UVA will need to pick up their game as their next opponent is Va. tech next week.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 01:35:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • Virginia Tech continues to nearly fall apart under a good zone defense. (Syracuse case in point). I'm looking for a low scoring affair and the Hoos the lock the zone in from the tip and camp out. The most exciting part of this game will be to see what Buzz can come up with to counter what's become the Hokie's Achilles heal so far. Advantage in my mind still goes to UVA.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hoping our boys learned from the Cuse game and can make it down the stretch with the hoos. I think this is a close one but my early prediction is falling in the last 3 minutes, as a victim of well-played clock management by Tony's boys and not being able to run the ball to catch up in the end.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 06:45:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • Not close, not even a match. Tony and the boys came to Blacksburg, put boots on the ground scored a 3 in the first few seconds and never looked back. I'm telling ya' Buzz is going to have to learn his younguns how to play a slow zone. He's exposed now and everyone will work the Hokies this way for the rest of the season. They will have to learn to overcome this or will fall away quickly now that the ACC matchups have started. Don't won't this to happen - just stating the obvious truth.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well, 2 things are obvious:

1- Hokies aren't as good as we were last year
    2- UVa isn't as good as they were last year. They are better.

That was a whooping. Congrats yall!

Youngblood

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 08:40:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • Tar Heels travel to Whooville tomorrow after losing a tough one in Tallahassee wed. night. They better lace 'em up tight for this one, life on the road in the ACC is tough.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thats gonna be a good game. Competitive from the tipoff to the final buzzer.

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 10:59:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wofford, anyone, anyone, Bueller? UNC has a lot to atone for and I don't see the fire of redemption, yet.
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • Gonna be a great bunch of ACC games for the next 3 months.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 12:06:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • I watched Michigan State play Maryland last night. I can't stand Maryland ever since they left the ACC, but I wanted to see what the Number 1 team in the country looked like. I hadn't seen Michigan St. play this year. First half I'm wondering what's so special about them. 2nd half they answered all my questions. They played Maryland like Muhammad Ali and his "rope-a-dope" the first-half. Then they put on their gloves and went to work. Maybe it's just me, but dang... when those guys turned serious they were playing college ball on a whole 'nother level.

superman

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 03:46:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • Big win today for UVA, 61-49 over UNC.  Virginia should move up from the #8 spot in the AP poll next week. #5 Xavier lost today while two teams ranked ahead of UVA, West Virginia and Oklahoma, play each other tonight.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 10:46:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • Don't remember a time UVA was so clearly dominate over UNC. Cavs played their game, their way. UNC showed no ability to change it. Not used to feeling this way! Sort of like when the Cubs won the World Series. Not exactly, but sort of.