Main Boards > Sports

College Basketball 2017-2018

(1/11) > >>

Solon:
The Duke Blue Devils picked up the No. 1 college recruit today. Marvin Bagley III played in California last year and interviewed at UCLA, USC, and Duke. He is likely to spend a year at Durham and be the No. 1 NBA pick in 2018. The expectations are out the roof for him and the team in the coming season.

--- Quote ---Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski has now landed five top-100 recruits, including three other five-star prospects in Trevon Duval, Wendell Carter and Gary Trent Jr. With Grayson Allen returning for his senior season, the Blue Devils are the favorites to win the national title next year, which would be Krzyzewskiís sixth. Itís the second year in a row and third in the past four that he has brought in the nationís top recruit, following Jahlil Okafor (2014) and Harry Giles (2016).
--- End quote ---
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/08/15/top-recruit-marvin-bagley-iii-picks-duke-and-intends-to-play-in-2017/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news&utm_term=.07702ad17fe6

Common Sense:
Coach K continues to show he's the class of the field. This brings up an issue I've had over the years- how do you feel about the 1-and-done players?

Steven:
Coach K is awesome.  As to your question- if I had that kind of talent it would be hard not to take the money. You could get injured the next year and your career is over.

Common Sense:
Yeah, youre right about that one. Actually, youre right about both of those. I swear after Coach K retires they should rename is Championship trophy from the John Wooden to the Mike Krzyzewski trophy.

Steven:
When it comes to ACC basketball - I am an oddity. I like Duke AND the Tarheels. I grew up watching Dean Smith and all of those great players - but Coach K is unreal with what he has and will accomplish. I was also a big fan of Jim Valvano. I guess I'm just an old time ACC fan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version