Author Topic: Martinsville = Highest Opioids use In Nation  (Read 1676 times)

LpMv2407

• View Profile
Re: Martinsville = Highest Opioids use In Nation
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 08:45:59 PM »
most of the kids who died here from opiods have not died by popping pills,they have died from heroin mixedor cut with fentanyl,which is given to terminal cancer patients.as long as there is a demand for this,somebody will supply it.i am not being critical of local LEOS,but they have to find a way to get ahold of a supplier cause busting these people undercover for a small amount is not really leading or doing much.

IMO we'd be better off legalizing marijuana and decriminalizing a lot of other drugs. Heroin is a cheaper more accessible drugs to prescription opioids. That's why people switch to it. If you make safe drugs cheaper and more accessible, they become the go to. Someone who is addicted to drugs is going to get a fix if they don't have treatment. Punishing them from something that starts from a legal prescription doesn't help anyone.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 08:17:19 AM »
i am not really worried about people buy prescription pills.the problems with that are minimum.i gothe only people t no problem with making pot legal,but cocaine,heroin,meth,molly and lsd type drugs need to remain illegal.
one way to help with the sale of heroin to drug companies to be able to buy it.cut access to it,the supply is less to dealers.i am sure most of the world,s big drug companies would have no problems buying the supply with h the big profits they make yearly.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
And as a proud graduate of Henry County Public Schools I know that in my generation they have put a solid number of graduates into college. It was a shame to see the consolidation in 2004 but I think they are still making head headways to the future.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

superman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 08:39:39 PM »
The Feds have started cracking down in Martinsville. They charged Dr, Joel Smithers, operator of the The Center for Integrated Health at Smithers Community Healthcare located on Commonwealth Blvd. was charged this evening with illegally possessing Schedule II substances with intent to sell or distribute.

http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/news/martinsville-doctor-faces-federal-drug-charges/article_8232ddc6-8213-11e7-a9d0-47c9cfb61370.html

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 07:43:48 AM »
Bust the all up!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »
http://martinsvilledaily.com/2017/08/15/martinsville-physician-charged-with-illegally-possessing-drugs-with-intent-to-sell-or-distribute/

i doubt this stops the opiod deaths here,most of them are from heroin cut with other drugs. i am glad somebody who is a supplier finally got busted.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein