Author Topic: NFL 2017 Season  (Read 4372 times)

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: NFL 2017 Season
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2018, 12:48:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    Well, the Jags are propelled by there running game and defense. Bortles has pretty much has 1 job: dont F#!$ it all up!

If a game comes down to relying on him to make crucial passes and TDs through the air, I think they'll fall off.

And youre right about the Vikings- I forgot that thatd be a home game for them! When was the last time a home team hosted the Super Bowl?
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #121 on: January 05, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • ESPN has another article about the potential breakup of the New England triumvirate of owner, coach, and quarterback. One cause appears to be Brady's lifestyle coach, Alex Guerrero, who has worked/wormed his way into Brady's life and the Patriots training room. He differs with the team doctors on a variety of issues and Belichick cut his access to the team, but some players have followed Brady in relying on his advice which has created some hard feelings between Belichick and Brady.

The next issue is the Garoppolo trade which Belichick opposed. Brady is showing his age in injuries and misfires despite his continued brilliance at times. Belichick saw Garoppolo as the future, but Brady wanted recognition as the long term quarterback. Kraft intervened to force the trade of Garoppolo to keep Brady happy, but it created a rift with Belichick who was told to draft a prospect to develop for the future. His view is that Brady's days are numbered since no quarterback has ever been able to perform consistently at a high level in his 40's.

This sort of stuff must go on all the time, but it seems to be taking an unusually heavy toll this season on what has been the most successful organization in football history. 

For Kraft, Brady and Belichick, is this the beginning of the end?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

RealConservative

• View Profile
    « Reply #122 on: January 07, 2018, 10:18:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • Im a Redskins fan and Im having trouble finding it in my to watch any of the playoffs. I want Gruden out!

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #123 on: January 07, 2018, 12:46:54 PM »
  • Publish
  • I want to see Tyrod Taylor take the Bills to the 2nd round of the playoffs! I've already won my fantasy league so really, I'm just watching for Tyrod and then whoever is playing when I go to the Super Bowl party.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #124 on: January 07, 2018, 05:21:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • I'll fess up... I have not seen a single NFL game all season. Got turned off by the "bend a knee" crap. Haven't heard anything lately, are they still boycotting the flag and the National Anthem, or are they still acting like the overpaid children they are?
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #125 on: January 07, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well, since Donald Trump laid off his temper tantrum on Twitter about the anthem its waned away.

And dammit Bills need to get Tyrod Taylor some wideouts and folks who can catch the ball. The offense is all McCoy running the ball but also catching passes. When your RB leads the teams in catches you've got a problem.

superman

• View Profile
    « Reply #126 on: January 07, 2018, 09:06:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • NFL Divisional Round matchups are now set for next weekend.

Saturday.....

Atlanta at Philadelphia  4:30 pm on NBC

Tennessee at New England   8:15 pm on CBS

Sunday

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh  1:00 pm  CBS

New Orleans at Minnesota   4:30 pm  FOX

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #127 on: January 07, 2018, 10:17:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • So everybody is standing up with their hand over their hearts again?

By the way - if the "damn" president won't pitch a fit over a bunch of hooligans in shoulder pads disrespecting the flag and country, then I'm not an American. IMO he should of pulled a Reagan like the airport controllers and shut it down until the gained an understanding.

superman

• View Profile
    « Reply #128 on: January 08, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
  • Publish

By the way - if the "damn" president won't pitch a fit over a bunch of hooligans in shoulder pads disrespecting the flag and country, then I'm not an American. IMO he should of pulled a Reagan like the airport controllers and shut it down until the gained an understanding.

Amen to that!

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
      • View Profile
      • Sleep Apnea: The Struggle To Sleep
    « Reply #129 on: January 09, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • ESPN has another article about the potential breakup of the New England triumvirate of owner, coach, and quarterback. One cause appears to be Brady's lifestyle coach, Alex Guerrero, who has worked/wormed his way into Brady's life and the Patriots training room. He differs with the team doctors on a variety of issues and Belichick cut his access to the team, but some players have followed Brady in relying on his advice which has created some hard feelings between Belichick and Brady.

The next issue is the Garoppolo trade which Belichick opposed. Brady is showing his age in injuries and misfires despite his continued brilliance at times. Belichick saw Garoppolo as the future, but Brady wanted recognition as the long term quarterback. Kraft intervened to force the trade of Garoppolo to keep Brady happy, but it created a rift with Belichick who was told to draft a prospect to develop for the future. His view is that Brady's days are numbered since no quarterback has ever been able to perform consistently at a high level in his 40's.

This sort of stuff must go on all the time, but it seems to be taking an unusually heavy toll this season on what has been the most successful organization in football history. 

For Kraft, Brady and Belichick, is this the beginning of the end?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

There's some rumblings going on that Bill wants the head coaching job with the Giants next season - the team he got his first Super bowl ring with as a coordinator. I would hate to have him in the NFC East, but I also recognize that a lot of his success can be contributed to Tom Brady. Then again, he did have that one 11-5 season in which the Patriots didn't make the playoffs (how do you win 11 games and not make the playoffs) but were without Tom Brady.

The party will be broken up soon enough. Brady  isn't playing into his mid 40's, and if he does, then he won't be as effective. The Patriots basically shot themselves in the foot by letting Jimmy G go for dirt cheap. The Pats would probably continue on with a dynasty with him at QB (he won all of his starts with SF this year.) Pats fans, brace yourselves, your team is heading into the pit of misery! Dilly dilly!

Skinsguy

• View Profile
    « Reply #130 on: January 09, 2018, 08:34:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • Im a Redskins fan and Im having trouble finding it in my to watch any of the playoffs. I want Gruden out!

As a Redskins fan, you should be used to watching the playoffs with the 'skins in it. Lord knows I am, unfortunately! That being said, the games this past weekend were all very enjoyable to watch - except for the Bills/Jags game. That one was pretty boring until the last little bit. The rest of the games were outstanding. The games this weekend will probably be pretty predictable for a couple of them. I totally expect the Pats to take care of the Titans, and the Steelers to take care of the Jags. I have the Steelers going to the Super Bowl anyway.

As for the NFC, Atlanta will probably take care of Philly. Philly is nothing without Wentz. Atlanta won't get past New Orleans, who will beat Minnesota in a close, high scoring game.

The Super Bowl will be Pitt VS NO.

Skinsguy

• View Profile
    « Reply #131 on: January 09, 2018, 08:37:17 AM »
  • Publish

Like what usually happens after the first part of the season, the national anthem is never played on TV, so all the attention those players were getting is not being televised. Honestly, in the past, the only time you saw the national anthem being played is the Super Bowl, but I suppose after 9-11, the league became a bit more patriotic and started televising the NA a little more. But no, there hasn't been anymore protests that I'm aware of. Even most of the players who were staunch about kneeling have all decided to stand.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #132 on: January 09, 2018, 08:43:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • That's interesting Skinsguy. Glad to know it.

I know this is the NFL thread, but did anyone see the Georgia / Bama game last night? Trump marches out on the field with an impressive array of uniforms in a grand display of the national anthem. The players made their entrance after the anthem and I saw a dozen or so from both teams drop a knee as they came out. Which is fine - whatever they are doing it for, it didn't disrupt or disrespect our flag and country by doing so.

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #133 on: January 09, 2018, 11:03:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • The media is saying Trump got booed last night - all I heard were cheers.
    I have watch parts of 2 different pro games - but it's not the same anymore. I might just stick with college sports.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #134 on: January 09, 2018, 01:49:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • He got booed during his entrance. Even in the state of Georgia and at a game between Georgia and Alabama. But shouldnt be too surprising at this point.

I can't believe football is over. NFL just a bit too boring but especially when College Football is done for the year my heart gets ready for recruiting and spring football.

And the NHL.

But if Tom Brady and the Patriots win again just watch the viewership continue to decline.