Author Topic: NFL 2017 Season  (Read 2773 times)

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2017 Season
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2017, 06:00:09 PM »
Wow the Cowboys got bad news today as the NFL suspended Elliott for 6 games because of a domestic violence incident in which he was never charged.I know the girl said she was assaulted 6 times by him but how in the world was he not charged and/or convicted if it was true.The NFL investigation must have some info we don't know about.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:42 PM »
be lucky to win 5 games in 2017 baltlimore still a good team on defense.and it was a glorified practice.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2017, 09:19:19 AM »
You are right on cubsfanbudman- and the NFL preseasons is all glorified scrimmage and a last chance for rookies, and recent draftees to make the roster for the regular season.

But the Redskins efforts were pathetic. No other team got whipped like that in Week 1. You are right in the fact that the Ravens arent going to be worth much this seasons; even when they get Flacco back.

The Seahawks are looking primed already! I'd love to see Hokie Kam Chancellor get his 2nd Super Bowl ring leading the "Legion of Boom".
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
I only pull for one team the last 47 years.i think all these guys protesting during the national anthem should all be cut.just go stand off to yourself alone if you want to protest.
albert einstein

RealConservative

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2017, 08:48:30 AM »
Ive only pulled for 1 team over the same amount of years as you have. And it aint been sunshine and rainbows for the past 2 decades! I like our quarterback but I dont like our leadership and if we stink it up this year again and dont sign Cousins for long term I think he will jet off. speaking of jet as bad as the Jets have been if they can find the money to pay him I wouldnt be surprised if he signs with them next year!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 07:05:32 PM »
redskines head coach has peaked with them.time to dump him,if they can get harbaugh from michigan,they should,also should get todd bowles when the jets fire him as hc, unless they have a major injury,the pats win.i t all again. i like the packers or the giants in the nfc.
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
That is a good idea, cubsfanbudman. I have to wonder, though, which Gilbert as the owner he seems to have his loyalties always ahead of success.

I think Jim Harbaugh has another year left at Michigan to make them a contender. If they falter and end the season unranked he may be back to the NFL where he had some success.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2017, 06:03:50 PM »
badnews for the pats,julian edelman is out for theyear with a torn a c l .i dont think t will  bother them cause losing other players has never hurt them before.
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2017, 09:28:08 AM »
badnews for the pats,julian edelman is out for theyear with a torn a c l .i dont think t will  bother them cause losing other players has never hurt them before.

That hurts- hes become quite a clutch player.

But youre right, though. Whenever someone falls another playmaker rises. One that we havent ever heard of. That system and that QB is set for victory no matter the circumstances!

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »
Tom Brady can defy his age for only so long. Even Peyton Manning discovered that. There is some speculation that he benefited from last year's early season vacation. Of course we have the advantage of a natural experiment coming soon to answer that question.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
Tom Brady can defy his age for only so long. Even Peyton Manning discovered that. There is some speculation that he benefited from last year's early season vacation. Of course we have the advantage of a natural experiment coming soon to answer that question.

Agreed. Manning looked good until that last season, and it was almost as if the lights were turned off. I don't believe Brady can play at a high level at the age of 45. He may still be able to play, but all he's doing at that point is wasting a roster spot for the next guy. Honestly, I still think Brady and Bellichick retire at the same time. BB knows that Brady is one of a kind, and at his age, he has nothing left to prove. 
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »
i think it comes down to the pats and packers in the super bowl.
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2017, 07:22:13 PM »
Thats a good prediction. I think with Jordy Nelson back at 100% the Packers will take it all the way.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2017, 07:52:27 PM »
i think the pats will be hard to beat.raiders may shock people,i think the giants are pretty good too.
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »
Giants are going to be a tough out for anyone and I think they are the favorite in the NFC East. With Brandon Marshall joing the receiving cords with Beckham and Shepard, Eli has got a ton of weapons. The only thing holding them back on offense is the lack of a running game. Teams can drop back and focus on covering the wideouts and not having to stack the box against the run.