Author Topic: NFL 2017 Season  (Read 3346 times)

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2017 Season
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 09:17:11 PM »
The Dolphins season is starting out terrible with Ajai under CC protocol and Tannehill going down today with his knee...and we haven't even played a game yet...worse yet there is talk that the Phins might hire Kapernick.I really don't want that guy and all his drama in our locker room.

jay cutler is awful.hope the dolphins pass on him.
Agreed but he may be the best option.

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 07:58:59 AM »
Looks like Cutler is not interested and the Phins are still considering their options.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »
Will be throw even more INTs with Miami? At least he's going to have a really good back to help open the passing game.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2017, 09:28:47 AM »
The only team Kapernick should play on is the  "I Hate America Team"

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 04:29:29 PM »
It was back and forth over the weekend but Gase finally convinced Cutler to sign by giving him the money he wants.People are screaming racism over not sighing Kap but imo he was not considered because of Gase's closeness to Cutler and nothing else.I am trying to remain optimistic with Cutler and I ain't bailing on my team no matter who they sign.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 09:40:33 AM »
It looked uninspired and out of shape. And he also said "I'm playing quarterback so I don't really need to be in great shape or anything". Man, you'd seen more drive and potential success with Robert Griffin, III and his breakable toothpick legs. I mean he's bad, can't even hold a job in Cleveland, but I think anyone is better than "drive" of a QB who chucks that any interceptions!

With Colin's deal and his love of Castro, he's not going to get signed by Miami.

What about Brian Hoyer? even Ryan Fitzpatrick??

Shoot, throw that contract money at Tony Romo because if you're going after a just-retired QB like Cutler then go for Tony Romo- he was far better during his career!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
Yeah but Romo has those back injuries,we all saw how he went down the last time by just sliding and taking a soft hit.I would stay far away from him.Cutler's presser was indeed bizarre,even his shirt was awful.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »
Cutler won't play the entire year. He'll collect money, get hurt and then that will be it.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »
Thats an interesting scenario!

And ESPN news said he will not play the first pre-season game. Thats understandable since he hasnt been with the team an entire week.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
Thats an interesting scenario!

And ESPN news said he will not play the first pre-season game. Thats understandable since he hasnt been with the team an entire week.

he may play a few games,but he hardly ever finishes the season.he threw 5 picks last year against a pathetic redskins secondary.i would have taken kap over him.if he plats behind a decent line,he will win.he set a playoff record for rushing against the packers a few years back.
albert einstein

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
I honestly don't know why the 'fins don't just go with their #2 QB.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 06:33:50 PM »
I honestly don't know why the 'fins don't just go with their #2 QB.

me either.i would never sign cutler over kap.kap can make plays happen,cutler can;t do that anymore.
albert einstein

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »
I wouldn't have signed either one of them.Go with Matt Moore and sign someone under 100 grand to be a 3nd or 3rd stringer.Kap is not too popular in Miami,you can understand why because he wore that Castro T-shirt last year.If they had to sign someone for all that money,Cutler is the logical choice since he already knows the system and play calling with Gase...at this point all of this is damage control anyway.I can only hope for the best but expect the worst...has any other team had such a lousy pre season?

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2017, 08:24:24 AM »
Man! The Skins look horrible last night. I know that its preseason but no one has gotten sent to the woodshed like that; especially by a team that failed to make the playoffs.