Author Topic: NFL 2017 Season  (Read 3347 times)

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2017 Season
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »
Uhhh.... 2016 Redskins did NOT make the playoffs, but were close. Skins took the Eagles to the woodshed and I'll think that rivalry will be close again this year. Kirk Cousins is a good football player; leagues better than RG3. Hope yall can get the contract thing settled so he can be locked down for years and feel at home running the Redskins offense. Cousins is a good guy all around.

I but I'm sure you'll agree that that tie was the LAST tie I want to ever seen in football.

Cousins doesn't appear as if he's going to sign a LTD, but said that both he and the team are open to working out a deal by the end of this season. We'll see. Honestly, there's just as much reason not to sign him to a LTD as there is to signing him long term. He's clearly the best QB the 'skins have had in a long time, yet, he hasn't proven that he can be elite and in big games, he doesn't show up. Let's see what he does this year.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

RealConservative

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 07:12:10 PM »
I've been a Redskins fan since the 70's. And we suffer from poor ownership. Plain and simple. Cousins is good to play but it boggles my mind that Dan Synder and Bruce Allen just doesnt sign him, get him excited for the season, and build AROUND him! Get him some guys to throw the ball to, get him some big hog mollies to stand in front of him to make sure he doesnt get the snot knocked out of him.

It aint like he doesn't have the money to dive into free agency and then trade around!

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 10:51:56 AM »
I've been a Redskins fan since the 70's. And we suffer from poor ownership. Plain and simple. Cousins is good to play but it boggles my mind that Dan Synder and Bruce Allen just doesnt sign him, get him excited for the season, and build AROUND him! Get him some guys to throw the ball to, get him some big hog mollies to stand in front of him to make sure he doesnt get the snot knocked out of him.

It aint like he doesn't have the money to dive into free agency and then trade around!

Apparently Bruce Allen released a statement yesterday saying they did offer Cousins a contract back on May 2nd, which would have made him the second highest paid quarterback in the league, but Cousins' agent never responded back to that offer. Basically trying to make the Cousins camp look like the bad guys. Allen can't seem to get it through his head that Cousins has all the leverage, and will go where he's wanted. Next year, Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch will make it be known they want Cousins in San Fran, and he'll sign there. If that happens, Bruce Allen should be fired. However, I bet Bruce Allen is just doing what Dan Snyder really wants. It has to make Snyder sick at the fact that his first round draft pick, RGIII, is no longer in the NFL, and Mike Shanahan's pick, Kirk Cousins, is starting for the Redskins, playing well, and in a position where he can become the highest paid QB in the league come next year. It eats at Snyder knowing Shanahan was absolutely right.

So the moral of the story is, Dan Snyder is always going to be the man to blame. Bruce Allen is just an extension of Dan Snyder.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »
Skinsguy-

Your boys are in town (Richmond) and I feel bad for them. The Tobacco Company, the usual social bar for the Skins players while in town for camp, caught a massive fire and will be out of commission for 6 months. If I weren't proud Richmonder and fan of the amazing local food scene I would make a Redskins related joke about the coincidence but I'll rise about it.

On a serious note, though, from the reports Terrelle Pryor is looking like he's gonna fill in nicely with the departure of the 2 big guns from last year!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »
Skinsguy-

Your boys are in town (Richmond) and I feel bad for them. The Tobacco Company, the usual social bar for the Skins players while in town for camp, caught a massive fire and will be out of commission for 6 months. If I weren't proud Richmonder and fan of the amazing local food scene I would make a Redskins related joke about the coincidence but I'll rise about it.

On a serious note, though, from the reports Terrelle Pryor is looking like he's gonna fill in nicely with the departure of the 2 big guns from last year!

Yeah, I've heard a lot of great things about Pryor from camp so far. I think he's going to be a good one. I've also heard a lot of great things about Josh Doctson in camp as well. I think we're OK at wide receiver. Running back will be an interesting competition.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 03:18:30 PM »
I think I saw the Skins signed another running back off free agency this morning, or something?

Yall have quite the JV backfield for sure!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »
redskins will be 7 and 9,9 and 7 with a few breaks.if they do not  make the playoffs,they should give doug williams allen,s job and let him decide whether or not to let gruden stay.he has peaked as a coach.if he gets fired,they should go after jim harbaugh.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 10:19:35 AM »
I think I saw the Skins signed another running back off free agency this morning, or something?

Yall have quite the JV backfield for sure!

Marshall tore his knee up and out for the season. He didn't play last year because of injury as well. I wouldn't say JV. You might need to see some highlight films of Samaje Perine. He's going to be a pretty powerful back to contend with. Rob Kelly was quite serviceable last year, and Chris Thompson is an excellent third down back.

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »
redskins will be 7 and 9,9 and 7 with a few breaks.if they do not  make the playoffs,they should give doug williams allen,s job and let him decide whether or not to let gruden stay.he has peaked as a coach.if he gets fired,they should go after jim harbaugh.

Has peaked as a coach? LOL! I think Gruden has done a pretty good job myself. I don't think he's peaked, because he hasn't had a defense nor a decent defensive coordinator since he's been in Washington. This will be the year the rubber meets the road though. He has an improved defense, and a better defensive staff, so I expect the defense to be much improved over the last couple of seasons. The tale-tale sign will be how well Gruden can call plays. McVay was calling the plays the last couple of years, so we'll see if Gruden can handle the stress of being the main playcaller and being the head coach as well.

Barring any major injuries, I suspect the 'skins can easily win 9 or more games this year. They won 8 last year without a decent defense.

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2017, 12:00:19 PM »
NFL starts tonight with the HOF game between the Cowboys and the Cardinals.I just hope they don't screw up the turf this year like they did last year with the wrong paint! lol

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2017, 05:44:43 PM »
The Dolphins season is starting out terrible with Ajai under CC protocol and Tannehill going down today with his knee...and we haven't even played a game yet...worse yet there is talk that the Phins might hire Kapernick.I really don't want that guy and all his drama in our locker room.

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 10:18:51 AM »
The Dolphins season is starting out terrible with Ajai under CC protocol and Tannehill going down today with his knee...and we haven't even played a game yet...worse yet there is talk that the Phins might hire Kapernick.I really don't want that guy and all his drama in our locker room.

I am not a fan of Kap and his protests either. Having said that, I am surprised that he hasn't been signed yet. This might be a message sent out to any other NFL player who wants to follow in CK's political movements. sometimes, it can blow up in your face. Of course, with his girlfriend coming out and saying the Raven's owner is racist (makes perfect sense since his GM is black), that's probably not going to do anything good for Kap's NFL career.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 10:42:50 AM »
I mean, he has talent but it is a business and the owners are going to make business moves. When he came back the Niners sold out everyday and he was the hot topic.

But I can't imagine Miami would take the risk. He got booed there, louder and more harsh than anywhere because he was wearing a Castro t-shirt! As much as they are down I can't see then running that risk of turning the fan base away.

Those injuries suck- because not only have they not played a game he got hurt in non-contact. No pads, no hard hits, no big collision. I hate it for yall. Miami was looking strong last season. I think that tailback will be back and he's the backbone of that offense.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 08:20:48 PM »
If he had protested at any other time,he,d still be in the nfl.the anthem is never about the fans or players,it is about respecting people who fought,and sometimes died to give them the right to play and us to safely attend games.jerry jones said if players protest during the nat anthem,he would cut them.
as for gruden,he has crapped the bed every season but 1. snyder should dump him and allen if they miss the playoffs again.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:24:26 PM by cubsfanbudman »
albert einstein

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »

jay cutler is awful.hope the dolphins pass on him.
albert einstein