Author Topic: NFL 2017 Season  (Read 4474 times)

Blue Fish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
Re: NFL 2017 Season
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2018, 02:35:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    I'm sure there were boos and cheers. Nothing but crowd noise that I noticed as he walked in. Glad to see it. Another consistent oddity by our President. Sticks his intent right in the faces of everyone to dare to dislike it.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #136 on: January 09, 2018, 05:03:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • And the game was better than watching the NFL.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #137 on: January 09, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • And the game was better than watching the NFL.

Yessirrrr it was. The past few seasons its almost if you don't have one squad you've been diehard, season ticket holding fan then its just down to fantasy leagues and betting. Games have gotten boring. There was, and may be the MOST close game of the playoffs between Jacksonville and Buffalo and that was a boring one because a 10-3 score is usually par for the 1st quarter of a game.

Honestly, it weren't for the fantasy football league my buddies and I play for good $$ every year I wouldn't care much to watch at all.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #138 on: January 10, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • I agree with this, but I can't figure why. Why is it NFL games have gotten so tiresome?
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #139 on: January 14, 2018, 09:22:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • The Vikings' miracle will go into the archive of great game endings. There was plenty of drama during the second half after the Vikes took a 17-0 lead into halftime. The Saints finished a dramatic turnaround in the 2nd half  when they went ahead 24-23 on a field goal with 40 seconds left. The Vikes took the kickoff at the 25 and advanced it over the next few plays. With 10 seconds left, down to the last play of the game, Keenum threw a deep pass to the sideline where there were two offensive and two defensive players in close proximity. The defensive back protecting the red zone dived past the receiver to avoid an interference penalty and left the WR free to catch the pass and dash for a 61 yard touchdown on the final play of the game.

On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #140 on: January 15, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Vikings' miracle will go into the archive of great game endings. There was plenty of drama during the second half after the Vikes took a 17-0 lead into halftime. The Saints finished a dramatic turnaround in the 2nd half  when they went ahead 24-23 on a field goal with 40 seconds left. The Vikes took the kickoff at the 25 and advanced it over the next few plays. With 10 seconds left, down to the last play of the game, Keenum threw a deep pass to the sideline where there were two offensive and two defensive players in close proximity. The defensive back protecting the red zone dived past the receiver to avoid an interference penalty and left the WR free to catch the pass and dash for a 61 yard touchdown on the final play of the game.

That was amazing! They are the "Rudy" story of this NFL season. Lose their 2 starting QBs and their 1st round running back and still come with it. Their O and D lines are great and Case Keenum is managing the games like all pro. Just think...their home field hosts the Super Bowl.
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
      • View Profile
      • Sleep Apnea: The Struggle To Sleep
    « Reply #141 on: January 16, 2018, 11:12:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • Definitely pulling for the Vikings to win it all, although I hope the Jags can somehow find a way to beat New England, because I really am tired of seeing New England in the Super Bowl every year.

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #142 on: January 16, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • Same here. NE has always pushed the envelope with questionable practices--stealing info, deflating balls--whether they benefited from the advantage or not. Go Jags!
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #143 on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • I'm pulling for the Vikings now.

But you have 2 overwhelming underdogs in the conference finals in Jacksonville and Minnesota; so who do you think will be "America's Team" in the underdog race?

Steven

• View Profile
    « Reply #144 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
  • Publish
  • Conspiracy Hotline says Vikings will win the Super Bowl because Vikings did not kneel during The National Anthem and it will be the first time a team will win the Super Bowl in it's home stadium. Feel good stories they hope will bring back the fans. Last weekend the tv audience was down by 23 million

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #145 on: January 20, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • This could be the first time in NFL history that a team will host the Super Bowl in their hometown and home stadium.

The only asterisk is that the other conference has home field advantage.

So the Vikings will be officially, the away team and will not be allowed to wear their home jerseys.

They would also have to in the visitor's locker room.

Those are mere semantics but, intersting nontheless.