Author Topic: 2017 College Football Season  (Read 4853 times)

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: 2017 College Football Season
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2017, 08:45:20 AM »
  • Publish
  • Advertisement
    Andddd bad news for my Hokies.

Our starting safety Terrell Edmunds (Danville) is out for the reasons for shoulder surgery. Its worse as his backup Diablo is out for the season following an injury a few games ago. Now the "next man up" is a redshirt Freshman Khalil Ladler. Very athletic kid but 3rd on the depth chart.

Through practice Bud Foster has been rotating a couple starters so we'll see how this goes. Should handle Pittsburgh but now I'm stressed about the game with the Hoos. Hokie Nation still wants 14 wins in a row against the kids from Charlottesville!
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Riggins

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #136 on: November 19, 2017, 06:24:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • Great goal line stance to win the game for the Hokies yesterday but they didn't play good overall.I was sure Pitt was gonna score on that last drive.It's funny after all the criticism last week about the 2 point conversions,yesterday when they should have tried for 2 on that last score,they didn't lol

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #137 on: November 19, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • That was a hell of a win. Sluggish and sloppy most of the day. I was also convinced that Pitt was gonna put it in there for the win in the final seconds.

But REAL MEAN WIN ON THE GOAL LINE!!!

4 downs. Less than 1 yard to the endzone.

And not an inch earned. Hokies take the win at home on a good senior day with a big sack on the goalline by Senior captain Andrew Motuapuaka. Hell of a stop!

Now on to play the boys in blue from Hooville. Should be a good game, solid matchup. Hoping that some of our injuries can heal so we can BEAT UVA FOR THE 14TH YEAR IN A ROW!

GO HOKIES!
    "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
      • View Profile
      • Sleep Apnea: The Struggle To Sleep
    « Reply #138 on: November 22, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
  • Publish
  • I didn't get to watch the game as I was traveling home from the beach. Will try to tune in to watch the game this weekend.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #139 on: November 26, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • 14 IN A ROW!!!

The Commonwealth Cup has made its way back to Blacksburg.

Despite being worn thin with injuries and the Virginia Tech defense pitched a shutout 10-0 in hooville. An ugly game for sure.

And held the hoobabies to 4 yards on the ground. 4 yards rushing. Thats just embarassing.

14 years in a row. The Hokies OWN this state!

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #140 on: November 27, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • I am still basking in another year, and another UVa beatdown. But... playoff and bowl time!

What are yalls predictions on who gets into the College Football Playoffs?

Here are mine:

1. Clemson
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Wisconsin
    4. Georgia

Clemsons takes care of Miami in the ACC Championship game due to a strong 2nd half.
    The Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield make light work of TCU in the Big12 title game.

Georgia squeaks by Auburn by a field goal in the SEC final.

And Wisconsin takes the overtime win vs. Ohio State in the Big10 championship game.

Riggins

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #141 on: December 31, 2017, 12:17:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • Disappointed at both Va teams bowl games...Cavs were never in the game after the kickoff run for a TD and the Hokies played well enough to win but made some terrible mistakes at key points of the game.Anyway go Clemson tomorrow night!

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #142 on: January 01, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
  • Publish
  • I predicted that OK State would win the games vs our Hokies. Youth, injuries, just too much to overtake one of the best offenses in college football.

The bright side is that all of those guys who made big plays on offense are coming back. Most of them will be sophomores next seasons. And our list of blue chip, early enrollees are going to be competing for playing time this spring and summer.

I'm looking forward to taking down Florida State in the 2018 season opener. Go Hokies!

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #143 on: January 09, 2018, 12:46:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • I am surprised no one has commented on the Alabama - Georgia game. It was almost as good as the Georgia - Oklahoma game. Both are really worthy of championship status. Given Alabama's recruiting ability I guess it is no surprise that Saban could pull a quarterback off the bench, a freshman who has done zero, zilch this year, and turn him loose to dismantle Georgia in the second half. I love that he is a lefty. Tua whatshisname may never be heard from again (although I doubt that) but he put Saban on the same level as Bear Bryant with that golden arm. BTW, this all came about after the Alabama kicker made two of the worst field goal attempts I have ever seen. I am really curious to know the story behind that.
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #144 on: January 09, 2018, 01:52:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • That was a helluva game. I honestly went to bed at the start of the 3rd quarter but watched the stuff I missed just now during my lunchbreak.

The dynasty that is Alabama and Nick Saban continues to roll. And as long as Saban is the head coach they will always be a favorite! Hell of a 2nd half by the backup quarterback.

Now its time for the finish of recruiting season and then onward to the Spring Game.

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #145 on: January 09, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • I kept looking here and on facebook for some local chatter on this game and found none. Twitter was alive with national talk about how Bama has no class, they are a bunch of thugs. Wilson needs to be put in the cry baby corner, etc. All partly true. I picked Bama to win, but found myself rooting for Georgia by the end of the game. As far as games go, it certainly measured up to a National Championship game in every sense of the word. Now if I can find out what a "true freshman" is. I swear I don't think I ever heard the term before last night and now I think I've heard it a thousand times!

It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Solon

• View Profile
    « Reply #146 on: January 09, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • It is worth noting that Frank Beamer was one of the 3 inductees into the College Football Hall of Fame who was presented to the audience for the coin toss at the National Championship game. No one deserves it more.
    On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
    ...H. L. Mencken

Blue Fish

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • bwyatt.com
    « Reply #147 on: January 10, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • It is worth noting that Frank Beamer was one of the 3 inductees into the College Football Hall of Fame who was presented to the audience for the coin toss at the National Championship game. No one deserves it more.

Agreed. He looks great too! Slimmed down and fit.
    It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Riggins

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #148 on: January 11, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • As much as I hate to admit it,Saban is one of the best coaches I have ever seen in college.Taking his starting QB in the 2nd half and putting in someone no one has ever seen was a huge risk and it paid off. I magine the heat he would have taken if they had lost.It was a great game for sure.
    Was great to see Beamer as well,he sure did look good.

Common Sense

• View Profile
    « Reply #149 on: January 11, 2018, 04:40:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yeah. Saban is, in my opinion, the best college football coach of all time.

National title at LSU. Then failed in the NFL. Came back and took the reigns at an Alabama program that was not doing well and now he is winning titles with no signs of slowing down.