Author Topic: 2017 College Football Season  (Read 3825 times)

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 College Football Season
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »
Skinsguy - you are a chap. I graduated from BHS in 1977.

My back doesn't make me feel like a chap! LOL!!! 42 years old and already falling apart! The funny thing is, I started posting on these Martinsville forums back in my late 20's. How's that for perspective on how long we have been trying to have online discussion forums for Martinsville?
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
The ACC is shaping up for an exciting conclusion.

Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech vs. Miami have ACC Title implications. And add to that whether or not Kelly Bryant returns to 100% or not have NATIONAL implications. Going to be quite a 2nd half of the season!

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »
Hey, Skinsguy....it may be close for a bit but the Hokies will continue the STREAK on into 14 in a row!
You said you thought they,d beat Clemson,how did that work for you?uva will give them a game,wait and see!
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »
Hey, Skinsguy....it may be close for a bit but the Hokies will continue the STREAK on into 14 in a row!
You said you thought they,d beat Clemson,how did that work for you?uva will give them a game,wait and see!

At no point did I say my Hokies would be Clemson. I said the rally chant: "GO HOKIES!! BEAT CLEMSON!!"

And said that Clemson is the real deal. And if they had their QB they wouldn't have dropped that game to Syracuse. If he comes back to 100% they should win their division again.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »
The Hokies absolutley destroyed North Carolina.

That was total punishment and a stamp that the ACC Coastal still belongs to Virginia Tech.

59-7. The largest margin of victory in school history. It was back to Beamerball- with TDs coming from Special Teams, Defense, and Offense.

That and the Hoos getting beat down brutally by Boston College...made it a GREAT weekend to be a Hokie!

RealConservative

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »
The Deacs will snap this oh so close losing streak this weekend vs. Louisville!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2017, 07:12:15 AM »
They've got a good shot but they've got a hell of a schedule left to become bowl eligible and make it to the post-season.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2017, 04:10:27 PM »
Alabama would beat the cookies worse than clemsondid!
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »
No choking on anything- the better team #2 and defending national champs beat us by 2 scores. I think Alabama would beat ANY team in the country by 10 points right now. I look forward to whooping UVa again this season to continue or DOMINATION OF THE RIVALRY!!!

The Hokies will continue our march to the ACC Championship game this weekend vs. Duke.

Virginia Tech wins and beat the -15.5 spread!

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2017, 09:36:19 AM »
No choking on anything- the better team #2 and defending national champs beat us by 2 scores. I think Alabama would beat ANY team in the country by 10 points right now. I look forward to whooping UVa again this season to continue or DOMINATION OF THE RIVALRY!!!

The Hokies will continue our march to the ACC Championship game this weekend vs. Duke.

Justin Fuente has really done a great job of restoring VA Tech as a powerhouse team of the ACC. I try not to be a homerish fan and expect things that probably won't happen, but I have a feeling that sooner or later, Coach Fuente is going to put the Hokies in the National Championship game. He has been successful every where he's went, has taken traditionally bad teams and have turned them into winning programs, and he's doing the same to a Hokies program that has traditionally been a winning program that was on the decline. This is probably the strongest football school that Fuente has coached at, and I think that gives him a huge advantage.   
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2017, 01:47:14 PM »

Justin Fuente has really done a great job of restoring VA Tech as a powerhouse team of the ACC. I try not to be a homerish fan and expect things that probably won't happen, but I have a feeling that sooner or later, Coach Fuente is going to put the Hokies in the National Championship game. He has been successful every where he's went, has taken traditionally bad teams and have turned them into winning programs, and he's doing the same to a Hokies program that has traditionally been a winning program that was on the decline. This is probably the strongest football school that Fuente has coached at, and I think that gives him a huge advantage.   

I agree! And the magic he is doing on the recruiting front is out of this world. Look at all the young guys that he's recruited from out of state and are already prime time players: Josh Jackson at QB for example. He is a Michigan kid and he's got one of the best passer ratings in the country as a Freshman.

The commitments keep rolling in. Just this weekend we got a commit from Georgia who picked the Hokies over Alabama and Georgia Tech. He's able to get players in bunches that we would have never had a shot at.

And just think....he is just getting started. GO HOKIES!

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2017, 02:12:09 PM »

I agree! And the magic he is doing on the recruiting front is out of this world. Look at all the young guys that he's recruited from out of state and are already prime time players: Josh Jackson at QB for example. He is a Michigan kid and he's got one of the best passer ratings in the country as a Freshman.

The commitments keep rolling in. Just this weekend we got a commit from Georgia who picked the Hokies over Alabama and Georgia Tech. He's able to get players in bunches that we would have never had a shot at.

And just think....he is just getting started. GO HOKIES!

Exactly! As much as I loved Beamer, I felt about four years ago, he should have called it quits. There were calls he made in certain games that just left me scratching my head. But then again, I also feel that way about Coach Gruden, lol!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »
And the Hokies with another big ACC conference win over Duke!

Hokies 24-3

UVa contines to lose and goes back to the program reputation that they've had for about a decade now. Pitt ran all over time of the hoos 31-14.

I was suprised to see Miami struggle at times with UNC; especially since the Heels had to use their 3rd string quarterback.

This Saturday Virginia Tech at Miami should determine the winner of the Coastal division and who heads to the ACC Championship game.

GO HOKIES!!!

Skinsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2017, 11:02:09 AM »
And the Hokies with another big ACC conference win over Duke!

Hokies 24-3

UVa contines to lose and goes back to the program reputation that they've had for about a decade now. Pitt ran all over time of the hoos 31-14.

I was suprised to see Miami struggle at times with UNC; especially since the Heels had to use their 3rd string quarterback.

This Saturday Virginia Tech at Miami should determine the winner of the Coastal division and who heads to the ACC Championship game.

GO HOKIES!!!

That's a huge game!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2017, 05:04:25 PM »
And the biggest game in the ACC, with national implications, is #13 Virginia Tech at #8 Miami.

Essentially, this is the game that can determine who wins the ACC Coastal and goes to the ACC Championship game. Miami had some struggles with UNC last week, but they are loaded with atheltes and has a really good coach now in Mark Richt. I think this one goes down to the wire and whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

I prediction:

Virginia Tech 27
Miami 20