Author Topic: 2017 Virginia Governor's Race  (Read 6785 times)

jonas_24112

• View Profile
Re: 2017 Virginia Governor's Race
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2017, 09:18:08 AM »
I was shocked by the amount of negative campaign literature I received in the mail lately against Northam.  It was apparent Gillespie had some deep pockets behind him.  It surprised me because generally, Henry County goes Republican anyway, so why waste the money? I'm guessing they are trying to turn city voters or maybe they are just covering the whole state.  Anyway, it's gonna be hard to get a Republican as governor in VA, mostly due to NOVA and DC Burbs.  I'm surprised the polls have been as close as they are.  I guess we will see by tomorrow morning. 

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
You are right, Jonas. This campaign took a big, and almost shocking turn for the negative. About the time Ed and his big money buddies and the national GOP started dumping the $1.5 million into this thing.

Its going to be a close one tonight. I hope that eveyrone has already gone to vote; and if not, please do after work and before supper!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »
Ralph Northam wins and will be the 73nd Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia!

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2017, 08:43:12 PM »
And its going to end up being a BLOW OUT. Rural Virginia has stood up!

Ralph is winning in coal country. The national implications are huge. The Democratic party is coming back to life in the face of Donald and on the backs of local races and a RURAL VIRGINIA DEMOCRAT RALPH NORTHAM!

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »
As of 9:16PM the Democrats have now picked up 13th seat in the House of Delegates. Governor-elect Northam is going to have a strong support system in the General Assembly.

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »
I wish them all the best because if they have success we have success.