Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 2304 times)

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 06:26:51 AM »
1st time since I can remember the Twins beat the Yankee's in a 3 game series.Go Twins!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »
cubs looking like champs after winning 10 of 12 after the all star game.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 12:23:43 AM »
We're down to almost 40 games in the regular season now.

In the American League East, the Red Sox are not going to give it up to the Yankees if they can help it, but both are in the hunt. Indians and Twins are grinding it out in the Central, but you still can't count the Royals out. Astros are looking good in the West. I'm picking the Sox, Indians, and the Astros to take their divisions and the Yankees to snag the wild card. (Hoping the Twins take it from the Indians - Riggins!)

In the National League West, the Dodgers have been unreal this year. They are 11 games away from 100 wins this seasons. No way they don't win the West. Cubs, Brewers, and Cards all have a shot at the Central, but I'm picking the Cubs to outlast them all and head back to post season play this year. It's not impossible, but very unlikely the Nats don't win the East again this year. So - I'm looking at the Dodgers, the Cubs, and the Nats to take their divisions with the edge going to the D-Backs for the wildcard. Marlins could pull it out, but D-Backs are my pick.

Anyone else want to take a stab at it? Looking forward to some post season baseball!

It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »
as much as i would love to see the cubs repeat,i think it is the dodgers year.i bet the yankees get there in the al.
albert einstein

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 07:46:07 PM »
albert einstein

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »
Dodgers may have the best record, but the Nats are the first to make the playoffs. Thanks to a little help from the Braves taking it to the Marlins in 11 innings.  Now if my Cubs can just keep on keeping on I'll be able to brag that my two favorite teams are in the playoffs again this year!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 07:22:16 PM »
lost 3 in a row to the beer makers,cardinals are just 3 games back too.i think the dodgers are still the team to beat.the nats dont have the pitching to beat the dodgers.
albert einstein

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »
The Indians are gonna win it all this year,would have beat the Cubs last year for the WS but the rain delay stopped their momentum in that last game.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 10:04:01 PM »
Nats have established themselves as a team in the playoffs, but an easy one to beat once they get there. Hoping it's not the case this year, but I'm prepared. Worried bout the Cubbies. They'll definitely need the mojo going this time more than last. Cards are always a team to reckon with regardless of they did or didn't do to get there, but I wouldn't bet against Dodgers if they face them.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »
Last night the Dodgers and the Nats went at it in DC. Dodgers played on an entirely different level than the Nats. Hope it was a one night fluke. Afraid it's the way it is.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 02:49:06 PM »
cleveland is good,but they will eventually crash and burn cause that is who they are.nats a re good,but dusty baker always chokes.
albert einstein

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Indians have the best starter rotation and the arguably the best bullpen in the MLB,that's gonna carry them deep in the playoffs unless they suffer some injuries.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 04:53:40 PM »
Nats played a much more respectable game against the Dodgers today but still came up short 3-2. Hope they can keep from getting swept at home tomorrow.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »
i hate the natsas bad as i do the yankees.will pull for anybody but them,maybe even the yankees.
albert einstein

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 04:28:53 PM »
i hate the natsas bad as i do the yankees.will pull for anybody but them,maybe even the yankees.

ok. No skin off my back. I carried the CBS baseball game of the week on radio back in the 90's, then ESPN radio outbid them and I contracted with ESPN to carry the game of the week until they decided to go somewhere else. Finally got the Braves under contract, but the renewal outpriced us. Then I actually got the Cubs for 2 years and when they got sold the new owners jacked the fees up so high we had to drop them. The Nats offered us the best baseball deal we've ever had and they haven't changed on us one time. They've been a first-class operation to deal with and they've provided us with postseason baseball on radio 4 out of the past 6 years. I've become a real fan of this club. Go Nats!

By the way, The Dodgers and the Nats were going to be on AM1370 this afternoon, but ESPN picked up the game for TV and moved it to 8 PM, so it will air on AM1450. Go NATS!