Author Topic: Nascar 2017  (Read 5592 times)

Common Sense

• View Profile
Re: Nascar 2017
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »
Is anyone else ready for NASCAR to get of the All-Star race? Its boring, as Riggins pointed out, and is meaningless. The guys who all millionaires race for 1 million dollars. The cars get a jazzed-up paint scheme and the racing is boring and drivers receive 0 points towards the Chase.

Zzzz....
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2017, 05:04:19 PM »
I've never watched one. It's like an off week for me.
It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

LpMv2407

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 05:27:40 PM »
i think they need to move tracks to either the track at the quad oval, infield road course or dirt track at charlotte

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2017, 09:34:12 AM »
Well the Daytona race was interesting. A lot of cautions and wrecks. And final Top 10 included some unusual suspects!

But hey Danica Patrick made it to victory lane againt....but not by her own doing as her boyfriend won again haha.

I liked the tough racing, the grit and all that this race had but I'm time of "overtimes". I miss the good ole day when they wouldnt throw a "debris caution" cause there was a hot dog wrapper that mysteriously floated down or, when a driver spun without contact all the way down the apron. Where at a 2.5 mile superspeedway he was out of the way of any drivers and had plenty of time to get back and drive to pit road or just get back up to speed. Its ridiculous.

But still, it was a good battle when the drivers were allowed to race hard.
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2017, 06:25:56 AM »
They need to have a cup race at the dirt track in Eldora,take away one of those cookie cutter tracks like CA or TX.That was exciting to watch and looks like a great track to see in person.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2017, 07:58:56 AM »
I'd be all about that! Take away the Sonoma, California track and put it there. That place is the cookiest of the cookie cutters. There is never any real racing during that snoozefest.

Eldora would put these guys skillsets into action. I would think Jimmie Johnson would be the favorite with his dirt racing background; and I'd throw in Clint Bowyer, Kyle Larson, and Kyle Busch in there well.

Shoot, you'd probably see guys like Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, and Carl Edwards come out of the fold and rate that one with their dirt racing background!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2017, 06:37:01 PM »
have not watched a full race since earnhardt got killed. it is like watching wrestling without the bad guy,boring and dull.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

LpMv2407

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
I'd be all about that! Take away the Sonoma, California track and put it there. That place is the cookiest of the cookie cutters. There is never any real racing during that snoozefest.

Eldora would put these guys skillsets into action. I would think Jimmie Johnson would be the favorite with his dirt racing background; and I'd throw in Clint Bowyer, Kyle Larson, and Kyle Busch in there well.

Shoot, you'd probably see guys like Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, and Carl Edwards come out of the fold and rate that one with their dirt racing background!

I think you're talking about Auto Club Speedway(AKA Fontana). I actually have enjoyed the racing their lately. Sonoma is the road course and as far as i'm concerned they could make 34 races road courses with 2 martinsville races and i'd be happy.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2017, 08:26:08 AM »
You're right I typed that up too quickly! I actually like the road courses. Watkins Glen in particular. Its good racing and its cool the see the boys turn right every once in awhile!

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2017, 11:32:48 AM »
Except this last Watkins Glen race was incredibly boring.Most all the races this year with the exception of the plate tracks have been that way.One car gets the lead and pulls about 5-10 car lengths ahead of the rest and they can't catch him.

superman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2017, 09:36:17 PM »
NASCAR is facing some serious challenges looking forward. Look at 2018 right now.

Dale Jr. will be retired.

Richard Petty Motorsports has lost their primary sponsor (Smithfield Foods) and their driver Aric Almorilo

Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Kasey Khane have no rides next year

Danica Patrick is probably gone from NASCAR

The #77 car will not run next year

LpMv2407

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2017, 11:23:01 PM »
NASCAR is facing some serious challenges looking forward. Look at 2018 right now.

Dale Jr. will be retired.

Richard Petty Motorsports has lost their primary sponsor (Smithfield Foods) and their driver Aric Almorilo

Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Kasey Khane have no rides next year

Danica Patrick is probably gone from NASCAR

The #77 car will not run next year

but...

penske is putting ryan blaney in the #12(new car)

smithfield is staying in the sport and moving to SHR with almirola LIKELY also to follow

Bubba Wallace will likely drive the #43 which will be bigger for the sport than dale jr. I think he's a better driver than jr anyway. i've followed him since he drove bandeleros at the summer shootout series. he is good if he keeps his temper in check.

kurt busch WILL have a ride next year. i think he is staying in the 41. this is all a contract negotiation ploy. big name drivers are having to take a pay cut they are not used to. all these new drivers coming up are really good but are taking bigger pay cuts than say rookies 5-10 years ago.

im willing to bet kahne OR kenseth will find a ride next year. 1 will be out of a full time ride.

danica may still find a ride for next year.

Common Sense

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »
Danica is officially out of a ride at the end of the season.

Aric Almirola is finishing a deal to takeover her old ride at Stewart-Haas with Smithfield as the primary sponsor.

Kurt Busch is officially back in the #41 car that he won the Daytona 500 in this season, and possibly win his 2nd championship. That shouldn't have ever been a cause of concern.

Kasey Khane won't have too much of a problem finding a ride next season; but I'm glad Henrick has moved to bring in new youth to the #5.

LpMv2407

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2017, 07:42:26 PM »
I still think Danica will find a ride next year.  What's going to be interesting is how many talented drivers are going to be in B or C equipment.  The 95 will likely land an A list driver

Youngblood

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2017, 10:12:24 AM »
Truex,JR,  Kyle Busch,  Brad K. or Harvick.........Whos gonna be the Champ?

Truex deserves it for sure without a doubt, and I hope he gets it. but it don't always work out that way with this current format.