Author Topic: Nascar 2017  (Read 5697 times)

RealConservative

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 02:56:45 PM »
I zoned out of the Texas race Sunday and got to watch a great Master's finish!

LpMv2407

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 11:28:39 PM »
Quote from: RealConservative;2015

Yeah, youre on about the #48. In the offseason he runs triathlons.

Pretty tough race Sunday in the heat. I heard Jimmie's air box wasn't working and he hydrating system malfunctioned. After he won, he had to go to the infield care center for 3 bags of fluids.

LpMv2407

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 11:35:43 PM »
I'm so excited for the all Star race. The format is going to be 3-20 lap segments and a final 10 lap shootout. Only 10 cars will transfer to the final segment. The winners of the first 3 segments automatically get in. The drivers with the highest average finish in the first 3 segments fill out the remaining spots.

The game changer is the teams will have 1 option tire set to put on at anytime during the race that will be much softer and 3-5 tenths faster initially. Do you use it to try to get into the final segment or save it until the final segment? The kicker is that the cars who have the softer tire have to restart in the back after pit stops!

RealConservative

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
Thats a good format, especially with the tire stipulation. Makes thefall-star race worth watching now!

BTW- my prediction is Bowyer wins the all-star race and Truex, Jr. wins the title this year!

LpMv2407

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 08:07:47 PM »
i'm thinking its gonna be a team like the 4, 48, 78, or 2 with a really sly crew chief that wins. my money is on the 2. he's probably the most aggressive out of the 4

RealConservative

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:26 AM »
The #2 is red HOT, you are right about that! And were it not for those pentalties at Phoenix he'd be dominating the points.

And as we learned last year NEVER COUNT OUT THE 48!

Solon

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 11:46:27 PM »
I don't follow NASCAR closely but I like to have some general knowledge about the leading drivers. If you guys are going to talk in car numbers you are eliminating people like me as readers.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 06:43:16 AM »
Quote from: Solon;2147
I don't follow NASCAR closely but I like to have some general knowledge about the leading drivers. If you guys are going to talk in car numbers you are eliminating people like me as readers.
Fair enough....#2 is the Brad Kezlowski Penske Ford,Joey Logano #22 is his teamate as well as the Wood Bros #21 Ryan Blaney.Kevin Harvick #4,Jimmy Johnson #48,Martin Truex #78.

Common Sense

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
You're right, Solon. Growing up in this area in a NASCAR lovin' family they didn't refer to drivers by car numbers; that seems to be the trend of the current decade.

I am a big fan of Brad Keselowski #2 since his days racing in the Busch series for JR Motorsports. JR = Dale Earnhardt, JR my favorite driver who I have given up hope of on winning a title. I like Keselowski's strategic aggressiveness and he pulls no punches.

I would like to see Ryan Blaney #21 win as well. The Wood Brothers have stayed in Stuart, Virginia and havent followed suit of big teams in moving to the Charlotte area to be at the heart of NASCAR. Wood Brothers used to be one of the titans and with this kid they can return to victory lane. I think he'll get a couple more heat wins this season and his 1st race win. He's Chase bound.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:25:28 AM by Common Sense »
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Solon

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
Thanks, guys, for helping me follow along.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Solon

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 12:32:43 PM »
Even I know this is a Big Deal. It appears to be health-related

Hendrick Motorsports announced Tuesday morning that Dale Earnhardt Jr. will retire from NASCAR Cup Series racing at the end of the 2017 season.

...Earnhardt also suffered concussions after crashes numerous times over his career and missed the second half of the 2016 season with concussion-like symptoms, the result of wrecks in June and July. In March, he announced that he would be donating his brain to head-injury researchers after his death. On March 26, Earnhardt made his 600th career series start at Fontana in California. He sits 24th in this year’s standings with one top 5 finish.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire after 2017 NASCAR season
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/04/25/dale-earnhardt-jr-to-retire-after-2017-nascar-season/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_earhardt-945am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.639ade79c051
...H. L. Mencken

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 04:25:20 PM »
I think we all saw this coming after his last CC.Most of us were surprised he even came back at all.Sad for Nascar but good for him.He has enough he can live comfortably without working and raise a family.I suspect we will see him at the tracks though and part of an announcing team.

Common Sense

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 05:35:01 PM »
Quote from: Riggins;2198
I think we all saw this coming after his last CC.Most of us were surprised he even came back at all.Sad for Nascar but good for him.He has enough he can live comfortably without working and raise a family.I suspect we will see him at the tracks though and part of an announcing team.

Yeah, its unfortunate. But I'm happy that he's happy with this. He's married to a former University of Kentucky cheerleader, and he wants to start a family. And he said he doesn't want his children to pursue racing (cause its too expensive). But this is a mature things and an emotional one, after having a concussion and wanted to donate his brain to science. And after seeing his Dad die in racing. He's going to make an impact off the track.

As for broadcasting, he's has social anxiety. He used to be the young party boy but he's always hated doing a lot of media. Sure when youre getting paid millions to push something you'll do it, but hes always hated it and wanted to focus on racing. He may make some appearances on TV but I don't suspect he'll be in the broadcast booth.

Jeff Gordon joined this past year and he's doing fantastic. Dale Jarrett, Darrell Waltrip, Rusty Wallace, hey've got it on lock!
"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." - POTUS #32

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 07:18:14 PM »
Lol,I hate the FOX announcers and Jeff Gordon is horrible.Waltrip ain't been in a car in 100 years and is completely bias as well as Gordon.I can't wait for the NBC team to take over.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
Nascar 2017
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 07:37:56 PM »
well he just got married and i guess he wants to be a father now.he has plenty of money so all i can say is good luck to him.imagine he may end up calling races on some channel. big redskins fan so i bet he also goes to a few home games too.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein