Author Topic: The Fall  (Read 835 times)

Solon

• View Profile
The Fall
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:20:18 AM »
I wonder if anyone watched The Fall on Netflix. It is a 3 season story about the investigation of a serial murderer. It was a BBC Northern Ireland production based in Belfast. It spent the entire series on the pursuit of one criminal by presenting both sides of the story. We follow the police and the criminal in parallel story threads. It may seem slow to those of us used to seeing major crimes solved in an hour, but it has a lot to offer.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
The Fall
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 12:49:21 PM »
I've seen it in the list, but haven't watched any of it. As soon as I finish "Crossing Lines" I'll give it a try. Have you seen "Crossing Lines?" It's American, French, German, and Italian all wrapped up in a multi-national who-done-it mystery.
It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Fall
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:12:35 AM »
I watched the 1st 2 seasons of the Fall and plan on watching S3 asap.I love Gillian Anderson :o

Solon

• View Profile
The Fall
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 11:17:43 AM »
I had not noticed "Crossing Lines" yet. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to find it.

Gillian Anderson was tremendous in this role, but I thought there were some elements of her past that were unexplored which makes me wonder if there is a season 4 out there.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:23:14 AM by Solon »
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken