Author Topic: What have you seen lately  (Read 13691 times)

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
Re: What have you seen lately
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »
Very interesting. Having watched the entire 7 seasons now and considering it all cost less than a ticket to a movie with popcorn and drink, I'm content to watch what I watch at home now. "TV shows" have reached the quality of the theatre now.
It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »
Considering all the awards "The Handmaid's Tale" has won, I decided to give it a try last night. A friend on Facebook said they did the same and it was so disturbing they didn't know if they were going to be able to watch anymore. I guess I'm not easily disturbed, I thought it was pretty good. Enough to watch another episode. I just don't know if the theme of the whole thing is something that will keep my interest. We'll see.

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »
Caught up on Designated Survivor.New eps on ABC wed night.Prolly the best show on TV right now.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2017, 05:16:19 PM »
Had the best night's sleep last night I've had in 6 weeks. Thanks to "All the Way" - and HBO documentary about Lyndon Johnson. Bryan Cranston (Walter White / Breaking Bad) plays Johnson and that's worth watching by itself. He's amazing, except this one scene where he gets out of bed and it's like they forgot to put the makeup on. He looked just like Walter White in 1 scene. Crazy. Anyway, the cast looked like most of West Wing's cast and the tedious Dr. King scenes were drawn out and uninspiring. Slept in the chair last night. Out like a light.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
Caught up on Designated Survivor.New eps on ABC wed night.Prolly the best show on TV right now.

It's a great show! I just keep expecting Kiefer Sutherland to break into his Jack Bauer personification.
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2017, 07:43:33 AM »

It's a great show! I just keep expecting Kiefer Sutherland to break into his Jack Bauer personification.
Wouldn't it be great if we had a president like Tom Kirman? Able to work with both sides but not give up on his principles.This show is very patriotic and I like that.

lazebone

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2017, 08:11:25 AM »
Very interesting. Having watched the entire 7 seasons now and considering it all cost less than a ticket to a movie with popcorn and drink, I'm content to watch what I watch at home now. "TV shows" have reached the quality of the theatre now.

Completely agreed. But some movies are still best watched on the big screen with the company of others. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan by any means. But I can tell you I will be at this December's opening night. I am 1,000 times more excited to see this on the IMAX screen than I could ever be to watch it at home.

Considering all the awards "The Handmaid's Tale" has won, I decided to give it a try last night.

The awards, the acclaim, yada yada yada, I feel like I'll have to watch this at some point. Looks extremely well made and acted, but .... I don't even know what the subject matter is, but I don't think I care about it lol.

This reminds me of when I asked a buddy what he thought  the best movie of all time was. He thought and thought and thought. His answer:  "The Longest Yard." And then he clarified, "Not the old one with that old dude, but the new one."

Had the best night's sleep last night I've had in 6 weeks. Thanks to "All the Way" - and HBO documentary about Lyndon Johnson. Bryan Cranston (Walter White / Breaking Bad) plays Johnson and that's worth watching by itself. He's amazing ...

Funnily enough, I was flipping channels in a hotel one night and came across this. It was well into it and I didn't want to get too invested as I prefer to watch from teh start. But I was absolutely entralled by Cranston's performance as well. I also fell asleep somewhere along the line  :)

Also, Bryan Cranston was nominated for an Oscar for in 2016 for Trumbo, the true story of a blacklisted writer who penned many movies under assumed names while being investigated by the FBI. Haven't seen it yet, but it looks fantastic.

I just keep expecting Kiefer Sutherland to break into his Jack Bauer personification.

24 is supposed to be coming back with another soft reboot within the next couple of years. No Sutherland is expected, but they are going back to the ticking clock format.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2017, 12:48:21 PM »
Well... I've got to watch Trumbo. Thanks for the trailer.

Also - I watched the second half of Cranston's portrayal of LBJ last night and have a much better impression of it now that I've seen it all. As much as Cranston looked like LBJ when the dressed him out, for the life of me I don't get what happened in 2 scenes where it looked like they just forgot to put the makeup on. It looked like "Breaking Bad" goes to Washington.