Author Topic: What have you seen lately  (Read 14236 times)

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you seen lately
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2017, 05:26:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Solon,Bob Lee Swagger is definitely a good guy.I liked the movie too,and this series is produced by Wahlberg so it's got his blessing.

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »
Shooter S2 started off with a bang,literally.
Also the new series Snowfall on FX is excellent.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2017, 12:09:48 AM »
Well dang, I just watched the final episode of season 1 of Shooter tonight on Netflix. Now I've got to find episode 1 of Season 2. Had no idea a season 2 was in the works.
It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2017, 12:46:43 AM »

Thanks for reminding me about Snowfall.

The second season of Shooter looks to be even better than season 1.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2017, 06:59:47 AM »
Snow fall is very good so far,looking forward to tonight's ep.

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2017, 11:14:05 AM »
I don't watch much television but if you want to see a good scary movie watch "Lights Out"

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2017, 05:58:16 PM »
I have been watching the second season of The Tunnel on PBS and I think it is the best crime series currently on TV. The tunnel in question is the Chunnel that links the UK and France under the English Channel. A French and a UK investigator must work together to solve the crime. The main characters are wildly different and lead interestingly dysfunctional lives, but the story line is complex and absrobing. WBRA does it a serious disservice with its lousy scheduling, so I have to record it to view it. It is well worth viewing however you have to find it. I did notice that Season 1 is on Amazon Prime.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
I have been watching the second season of The Tunnel on PBS and I think it is the best crime series currently on TV. The tunnel in question is the Chunnel that links the UK and France under the English Channel. A French and a UK investigator must work together to solve the crime. The main characters are wildly different and lead interestingly dysfunctional lives, but the story line is complex and absrobing. WBRA does it a serious disservice with its lousy scheduling, so I have to record it to view it. It is well worth viewing however you have to find it. I did notice that Season 1 is on Amazon Prime.
That sounds like something I would like,I'll check it out on amazon,pbs does have terrible scheduling with certain shoes.

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »
Just started watching Iron Fist on Netflix last night. It's pretty good so far. I think my wife and I have found a good show to binge on until our fall shows come back on (as well as NFL and college football!)
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2017, 05:31:39 PM »
lomgmire the final season is streaming now. cant believe that josh stuart off criminal minds is the bad guy on the shooter season 2.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2017, 08:12:26 PM »
Where is Longmire? I just checked Netflix and it doesn't list season six? The best info I can find online states that the filming just ended and the release will be sometime in September, but no specific date yet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:19:17 PM by Solon »
...H. L. Mencken

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »
Finished Season 1 of Game of Thrones. Got a free month of HBO. I don't think I can catch up in 30 days!

Skinsguy

• Hail To The Redskins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2017, 10:22:55 AM »
Finished Season 1 of Game of Thrones. Got a free month of HBO. I don't think I can catch up in 30 days!

How many seasons is it? Might be one of those things where if you've gotten hooked on GoT, then you have to decide, is it cheaper to extend the HBO subscription until you've watched it all, or is it cheaper to buy the seasons and watch them that way?

Someone else was trying to get me into Game of Thrones. I would watch it, but I don't subscribe to HBO. We are trying to keep our monthly entertainment bills to a minimum. That's why I use a homemade antenna to watch TV! LOL! Problem is, too many people on Facebook like to spoil the show for you, so if you're not watching it that night, you pretty much need to stay off the internet until you're able to see it.

People did that with the Walking Dead as well. Another show I never got into. Never have understood why people think they need to post details about the show as soon as it's over when the large majority of people time shift their shows and watch them later?
No matter how much we may disagree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion nor your freedom to speak it. Doesn't mean I don't have to agree with it either.

Oh, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »
almost as good as SOA was.2nd best ever series on fx to me.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »

How many seasons is it? Might be one of those things where if you've gotten hooked on GoT, then you have to decide, is it cheaper to extend the HBO subscription until you've watched it all, or is it cheaper to buy the seasons and watch them that way?

Someone else was trying to get me into Game of Thrones. I would watch it, but I don't subscribe to HBO. We are trying to keep our monthly entertainment bills to a minimum. That's why I use a homemade antenna to watch TV! LOL! Problem is, too many people on Facebook like to spoil the show for you, so if you're not watching it that night, you pretty much need to stay off the internet until you're able to see it.

People did that with the Walking Dead as well. Another show I never got into. Never have understood why people think they need to post details about the show as soon as it's over when the large majority of people time shift their shows and watch them later?

From what I understand they are running season 7 now. Next year will be season 8 and they said from the beginning 8 was it.

Definitely cheaper to get HBOgo if you've got a streaming device like ROKU. You get the first 30 days free and then it's 12 or 15 dollars a month (can't remember). At the rate I'm going, I won't be able to watch all 7 seasons in one month. Even if I have to spring to a month after my 30 days $15 for 70 hours of programming is as cheap as anything I pay for. I'm a couple of episodes from finishing season 2 now and hasn't cost me anything. The best way in the world to watch a few and see if you're into it.