Author Topic: What have you seen lately  (Read 14157 times)

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
  • Duriora Virtus
    • View Profile
    • bwyatt.com
What have you seen lately
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
So you stream without issue with a 9-11 Mbps connection? Single stream or do you ever have more than one going at a time?
It's a happy enchilada... (John Prine)

jonas_24112

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 02:52:36 PM »
Quote from: Bill Wyatt;1320
So you stream without issue with a 9-11 Mbps connection? Single stream or do you ever have more than one going at a time?

Primarily single stream, but on occasion 2 Rokus and an ipad or 2 at the same time with no issues that I have been able to tell.

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
Thanks for the info,Jonas.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 06:25:12 PM »
binge watched the tv show bull today.great show.
"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it\'s limits"
albert einstein

jonas_24112

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 03:46:26 PM »
Season 2 premier of The Magicians came out on Syfy last night.  I would describe it as adult version of Harry Potter.  I read the books and enjoyed them, so obviously have to watch the show.  

Also found a series called Taboo on FX, which is pretty cool. Base in England during pre-revolutionary war time.  Not sure where it's going, but creepy enough to keep me interested.  

Watched a documentary called "The 80's" on Netflix.  More of a political documentary of Reagans presidency. Lots of good stuff and things I had forgotten.  

I'm streaming both from the Sling TV app on my Roku.

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 05:00:01 PM »
I want to endorse Taboo as well. So far the taboo seems to be the former relationship between the main character and his sister who rejects him completely after his return from abroad, but his experiences in Africa flicker tantalizingly in the background. The dominant theme is his contention with the East India Company, as well as the British and US governments to control an island he inherited near the prospective US-Canadian border as negotiations are taking place to determine the line. It adds a high stakes political element to his darkly sinister personal life.

I want to endorse a scifi show returning for a second season. The Expanse is a fascinating adventure in space, also with political elements. The conflicts are more complex than in Star Wars, because there are multiple sides. Beautiful imagery characterized the first season, so it has plot and graphic appeal. I posted praise for this show on the old forum too.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »
watcged hell or high water.binge watched a syfy shot basw called aftermath.no
albert einstein

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
Quote from: Solon;1427
I want to endorse a scifi show returning for a second season. The Expanse is a fascinating adventure in space, also with political elements. The conflicts are more complex than in Star Wars, because there are multiple sides. Beautiful imagery characterized the first season, so it has plot and graphic appeal. I posted praise for this show on the old forum too.
I was disappointed this show was not on netflix.I will try and find it elsewhere.I really want to see it.

Youngblood

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 10:01:23 AM »
I too started watching Taboo. dark piece of work there by Tom Hardy. I like the storyline so far. I hope I can stay interested.

SIX is another one you all should check out. I think it's on the History channel. focused on Seal team SIX. Walton Goggin from Justified is one of the guy and I recognize several of the others too.  So far so good, 2 episodes in and one recorded last night.

Solon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2017, 08:34:56 PM »
The Expanse is playing on the SciFi channel and I noticed that it is available on Comcast Xfinity. I agree that SIX has been quite good so far. Given the kidnapping of a girl's school population several years ago by Boko Haram, it is sailing very close to reality.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:22:42 AM by Solon »
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.
...H. L. Mencken

jonas_24112

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:55 AM »
Quote from: Solon;1477
The Expanse is playing on the SciFi channel and I noticed that it is available on Comcast Xfinity. I agree that SIX has been quite good so far. Given the kidnapping of a girl's school population several years ago by Boko Haram, it is sailing very close to reality.

SciFi also available on Sling TV.  And they are making the season 2 episodes available on Demand as they come out.  I have not figured out how I can go back and see season 1 episodes yet, but I have not investigated too much yet.  I know you can see them on SciFi website as long as you have a cable subscriber passcode, but not sure if my SlingTV payment gives me this type of access.  I need a snow day to find the time to do this.......

jonas_24112

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 09:37:56 AM »
Looking forward to seeing if Legion is worth all the advertising it's received so far.

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »
The new 24 is pretty good and shows potential.Watched Manchester by the Sea and was bored to tears,other than the filmography of the beautiful settings,this movie is very dull,imo.

Will report back when I watch Hacksaw Ridge which I have been very excited to see.

cubsfanbudman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »
hacksaw ridge is great,best ww2 movie since saving private ryan.
6 on the history channel is pretty good.it has walton goggins in it.comes on wednesday nights.
albert einstein

Riggins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2017, 12:47:11 PM »
Hacksaw Ridge was just wonderful.The bravery and strength shown by an unarmed man was more than impressive,it was legendary.Do not miss this film.It does have some extended battle scenes that are extremely graphic but well done.This film deserves many oscars but not sure if Hollywood is ready to forgive Mel Gibson just yet over his drunken anti jew rant he spewed out while being stopped by the law.