Author Topic: David Alan Coe in car wreck  (Read 1245 times)

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Martinsville Chat
David Alan Coe in car wreck
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »

OCALA, Fla. - Country music singer and Akron native David Allen Coe has been hospitalized after being hit by a tractor-trailer when he ran a red light in Ocala, Fla., according to a police spokesperson.

Ocala Police Department Lt. Corey Taylor said Tuesday the colorful, infamous "outlaw" country singer was traveling eastbound on State Road 40, also known as West Silver Springs Boulevard, in a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban around 1:30 a.m. when he approached the intersection of South Pine Avenue and failed to stop for a red light.

A 1996 Peterbilt tractor-trailer semi, driven by Robert Johnson, 59, of Calif., was traveling northbound on South Pine Avenue when he collided with the passenger side of Coe's vehicle.

The collision sent Coe's Suburban into a parking lot on the northeast corner of the intersection, Taylor said.

Johnson's semi flipped on its slid and into a traffic control box before a cement light pole. The secondary crash resulted in a diesel fuel and fresh produce spill, Taylor added.

Coe, Johnson and Johnson's passenger, Lisa Mead, 49, also of Calif., were transported to local hospitals in what are believed to be non-life threatening conditions.

Taylor said fire rescue crews were forced to use extrication equipment to remove Coe from the Suburban.

"The process associated with clearing the intersection, cleaning up the diesel spillage and restoring the traffic control lights will be lengthy," Taylor said.   

Taylor said Coe was driving from Tampa back to an Ormond Beach, Fla., home.

A preliminary investigation showed Coe was at fault and has been cited for violation of a traffic control device.

Coe is perhaps best known for his songs "The Ride" and "You Never Even Called Me By My Name," among others.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/outlaw-country-music-singer-akron-native-david-allen-coe-hospitalized-following-ocala-crash#ixzz2O78t61Wq

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/outlaw-country-music-singer-akron-native-david-allen-coe-hospitalized-following-ocala-crash#ixzz2O6U1oW9F
“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

VT Hokie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: David Alan Coe in car wreck
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
Glad he is ok,he is so badass neither god or the devil want him!
Be Kind

OPIE WINSTON

• " Man Of The People"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »
he actual wrote the song "please come to boston" which got him noticed,but his most famous songs the last ten or twent years were the x rated ones. he was also in a movie called" seabo" which was ok. he has also killed two men.the 1st one was in a fight and the second one was in jail in self defense.glad he and the truck driver are ok,but satan would run the other way on him!
Don't fear a man who will knock you down but one who will stand over you to keep you from getting back up.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Martinsville Chat
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »
One of Coe's biggest hits was in 1974 and was one he didn't write.  It was penned by Steve Goodman and John Prine.  Anybody know what it was?

By the way, Coe is booked to play in Roanoke in May.
“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

OPIE WINSTON

• " Man Of The People"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:07:03 PM »
" you never call me by my name"???? just a guess!
Don't fear a man who will knock you down but one who will stand over you to keep you from getting back up.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Bill Wyatt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Martinsville Chat
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »
" you never call me by my name"???? just a guess!

Yep... you nailed it Ope.  Prine was co-writer, but when Goodman left his name off he insisted he leave it off and let Goodman and Coe take all the credit and the royalites.  Goodman bought him a vintage jukebox to say "thank you."
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

VT Hokie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
Yeah he also mentions Goodman in the song.Dude is hardcore for sure,maybe too much for me.
Be Kind

VT Hokie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »

Broke ribs,bruised kidney(what's left of it,lol) and head trauma and still kicking!
Be Kind

ancient hippie

• it was like this when I got here....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »

Is that woman his grand -daughter, I wonder?
take me to your leader

OPIE WINSTON

• " Man Of The People"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 03:29:22 PM »

hell,knowing how crazy and hardcore as he is,it may be both! ;D

VT Hokie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »

hell,knowing how crazy and hardcore as he is,it may be both! ;D

Haha,no doubt!
Be Kind

OPIE WINSTON

• " Man Of The People"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 07:33:58 PM »
the guy is really hardcore,maybe the most ever hardcore singer ever!

Jack Bauer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »
I bet he feels like he got ran over by a train!

The "Name" song is the only one I really know by Coe. I remember that you couldn't be at Dutch Inn or Duffer's without hearing that song played at least once.
"With all due respect Mrs. President, ask around."

OPIE WINSTON

• " Man Of The People"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »
you have never heard the ride, please come to boston,or if that ain't country?

ancient hippie

• it was like this when I got here....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »

Allow me to go on the record to say that David Allen Cole IS A CAR WRECK
 8)
take me to your leader